Switching from Tier 4 student visa to Global Talent visa

@Pawan_Kojhani First, is your current visa going to expire anytime soon?! If not and since it has not been 8 weeks of processing yet then its better to wait till you hear a decision from the Home Office. I also used Priority Services in London to do my biometrics, however, since my previous visa was about to expire and I didn’t get an official response, so, I emailed our local MP about my issue to get him contact Home Office on my behalf to get a response before my previous visa ended. (Using this method I got my response in 3 weeks since providing the biometrics though).

@somdipdey Thank you for your response. I still have 5 months of a valid dependent visa, and as you said I need to wait till 8 weeks let see hope for the best.

Thanks,
Pawan

1 Like

Hi, @somdipdey Hope you are doing good. I didn’t get any response from UKVI, it has been 2 months, the endorsement is expiring this month, and MP is not responding can you guide me on it and what can I do?

@Pawan_Kojhani Make sure whether you have received any communication from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk (check your spam folder as well). If there isn’t any update on your visa then try to reach out to your local councilor, who can raise the concern again with the local MP.

If this does not work then give a direct call to Home Office to seek advise. If they are also not helpful then raise an official complaint using an online form as mentioned here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

Hope this helps. I am really sorry that you are going through this situation. Let me know about the update on your application in case I can help in any way.

P.S. You can apply these steps in parallel as it is a time sensitive matter. Not an official advice but that is what I did given the urgency.

Hi @somdipdey Thank you very much for your detailed guidance.

Checking regularly email inbox and spam twice in a day but did not receive an email from home office.

I emailed and called MP several times finally they give me the appointment for this week. After 12 days they called me and booked my appointment.

I tried on calls there isn’t any option inside the UK to ask about your application status, also try the outside UK option they picked up the call unfortunately doesn’t have access to share the Inside UK application status.

I did the first complaint online as you above mentioned on 20th August no one responded to it, second complaint 20th of September but no chance yet, and last week 3rd-time the complaint not yet any luck.

Today I emailed to public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk let me see hope for the best.

Any other way please share it with me I will try my best. I’m too worried because my endorsement letter is expiring this month.

Thanks,
Pawan

Hi @Pawan_Kojhani, I am really sorry to hear that. The only other option that I can think of is reaching out to a lawyer in case they can do something. Although I personally don’t like this option as lawyers are expensive. But in case you need one then try out this thread: Good immigration advisor/solicitor for Stage 2 application

hello @Pawan_Kojhani

did you apply for stage 1 only or 1&2 at the same time?

Hi @somdipdey thank you for your help, the last option is a lawyer will explore it.

1 Like

Hi @Maya

I did separately first stage 1 then stage 2.

then if your current visa is about to end, you have to take an action by either travelling to apply for stage 2 from the outside or proceed with stage 2 and your application will be pending depending on the decision you receive.

better to consider immigration lawyer for this,

best of luck.

1 Like

Hi @Maya Thank you for your suggestion, my visa is valid until May 2023, shall I need to consider an immigration lawyer?

After submission, if the endorsement letter expired in that case any problem with my visa? Because my endorsement letter is expiring this month @Maya @somdipdey

If your endorsement letter expires before your visa application then you need to re-apply for endorsement.

2 Likes

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu Thanks for your reply. I submitted my application before expires but still waiting for the home office decision, but the endorsement is expiring this month.

As long as you have submitted your visa application, it is fine

2 Likes

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @somdipdey good evening. Can you please guide me? Have you received a refund of your priority service fee? I submitted my application to priority service but did not receive it on time; it took 12 weeks. Is any need to request ukvi for refunds?

1 Like

Hi @Pawan_Kojhani, Apologies for the delayed response. Work has been crazy busy and hence, the delayed response.

I got my visa in a few weeks since providing my biometrics and never got my priority service feee refund. However, I did not bring this up with Home Office as that means I have to spend more time to chase the case with them, which for me is a waste of time itself. But if you want to file a complaint then you can depending on how much time you are willing to spend to chase the case with Home Office.

Anyhow, I am glad that you finally got your visa. Congratulations!

Hi @somdipdey Thanks Cheers!

1 Like

Hi all,

I am applying for the global talent visa as well. I got endorsement (stage 1). I am confused about stage 2, since I am in my last year of the PhD and will submit my thesis in March 2023. Is it good to submit stage 2 application before submitting the thesis, or should I submit it after thesis submission? I can see that @somdipdey submitted before the viva, but I assume this was when @somdipdey was waiting for viva after thesis submission?
@somdipdey @Maya.

If anyone can help, I will greatly appreciate it.

I believe that you have 3 months from endorsement to submit your stage 2 application.