Stage 2 waiting times

Hi Mike, did you get a decision? Did you have a Turkish visa when applied for Stage 2?

Hey guys, did anyone have applied for Stage 2 Global Talent in Turkey with a Russian passport without a visa and residence permit in Turkey? Given that Russians can stay here for 60 days, what is the probability of a formal rejection due to lack of Turkish visa and residence permit?

Hi Sergey,

The entry stamp from the borders officer is sufficient. Please refer to my earlier message and other peoples’ experience: Applying for stage 2 from different country

Biometrics: 8th November
BRP Decision letter: 23rd November
(My partner and I did biometrics together and got BRP decision letter same day and time.
I was already worried sick hers would be delayed or they will ask for more information.
She submitted just the marriage certificate, passport and TB test)

2 Likes

Any one submitted for stage 2 in the month of December?
Especially from India?

Applied one week ago with spv and no response still…
What does typically happen during stage 2? I thought it should be straightforward

Inside UK.
Paid for express 5 day
Paid for a biometric slot

Endorsement: 09 Dec 2022 13:15 (BST)
Stage 2 application: 09 Dec 2022 20.30 (BST)
Biometrics: 12 Dec 2022 11:30 (BST)
Approval: 14 Dec 2022 13:17 (BST)
BRP delivered: 19 Dec 2022 via TNT

4 Likes

Stage 2 (primary + dependent) from USA:
Biometrics at ASC: Dec 01, 2022
Passport shipped to VFS (UPS): Dec 01, 2022 (free documents self-upload)
‘Application forwarded to UK Visas and Immigration’ notification: Dec 05, 2022
Approved email: Dec 20, 2022
Passport delivered back to us (via UPS): Dec 20, 2022

Received 90 day vignette for both.

1 Like

Hello @Bankole_Jamgbadi,

I received by Passport back today, but it didn’t come with a letter.

Check your mail. Search with “IMPORTANT: Your UK Biometric Residence Permit”

Thanks so much.

But I am yet to receive the mail. It’s not in my inbox.

Stage 1 Endorsmenet application submission : 15 December
Stage 1 Approval (Route 3) : 21 December
Stage 2 application : 21 December
Stage 2 Biometric : 24 December at UKVCAS centres
Stage 2 approval : 30 December
Waiting for receiving BRP.

I have a query regarding travelling out of UK without BRP card as there is an emergency and with new year holidays the BRP delivery might take longer. However, my partner could collect my BRP and then travel to visit me. I would have my BRP when I return back to UK. Would this be alright? Any insights please?

You need your BRP when entering back into the UK.

1 Like

Hello all, I’ve applied for stage 2 from Outside the UK and received my 90 day entry visa. I am a bit confused about the following statement regarding BRP collection:

“You must collect your BRP before your vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving in the
UK, whichever is the later.”

Regarding. “whichever is the later” - does this mean that I wont be able to collect my BRP until close to my vignette expiration if I enter the UK at the start of my 90-day validity period?

Visa validity: 28.12.22 - 28.03.23
Date of entry in the UK: 07.01.23

I’m a bit concerned since I would need to travel abroad at the end of January and I’m told that I cant re-enter the UK without BRP

Hi @ap12, the vignette should mostly already be available in the selected post office when you arrive.
Based on your travel dates, all the statement means is that you need to collect the BRP anytime before 28.03.23. Hope that helps.

Hi Rahul, cheers thank you for your response :smiley: That was my initial interpretation too but was a bit confused by “whichever is the later”. Anyway, I guess I’ll find out soon enough. Will let you know how it goes.

Has anyone inside the UK received their BRP recently (2023) for Stage 2? If so how long did you wait?

I’m switching from Tier 2 to GTV, endorsed 20th of Feb and biometrics done on 21st. I didn’t pay for priority service and I’m regretting not doing so because I have a trip that is fast approaching (March 28th) and I haven’t heard anything back 🥲

Anyone with a recent endorsement has received their documents swiftly inside UK?

Hi.
I had my biometrics on 3rd of March. I was wondering that whether you recived any email or no so far? I also have trip coming soon.

Thank you.

I actually just received the email today confirming my application was successful and I will receive my BRP in the post within 7 working days. Just in time for my trip thankfully!

The entire timeline:

• February 7th: Submitted the tech nation application.
  • February 8th: 1st edit
  • February 20th (morning): 2nd edit
  • February 20th (afternoon): Received the Home Office email confirming I had been endorsed for Talent.
  • February 21st: Went for my biometrics appointment.
  • Match 13th: Received confirmation email “Your application under the Global Talent route of the Immigration Rules has been successful […] you will receive your BRP within 7 working days”.
2 Likes