This is how I got my Endorsement for Global Talent Visa under Exceptional Talent Route (AI/ML Researcher)

Thanks @somdipdey for your detailed experience sharing.
May I please know on how the personal statement for GT Visa needs be written? I mean should the text be written in first person or third person?
Also as a Phd and postdoc, I have reviewed several journals and conferences. But I do not have any certificate in return. Can I have the PDF of the emails as the proof?

@Karthik I wrote my personal statement as a 1st person. I told my story and journey in the tech world as if I am talking to the TN Visa Officer myself (at least tried to write that way).

On review of journal you can provide pdf email confirmation but try to see if those reviews are showing on your online researcher profile such as OpenReview, ORCiD, Web of Science, etc. Its better to provide a combination of evidences that include email confirmations as well as publicly accessed data to confirm your reviewer activity.

2 Likes

@somdipdey first, I would like to thank you for the detailed evidence list and plan. It helped me personally a lot. I wanted to get your feedback on something.
This is my list of evidence that I’ve prepared: Exceptional Talent: Review my application + Few questions [URGENT]
I currently have 1 piece of evidence left and I’m choosing between 2 things.

1. Strengthen OC3 and OC1 by proving my contributions: I’m thinking of including a reference letter from my co-founder and CEO as he will be the best to prove my contributions to the startup. But he’s my manager. He’s also viewed as an exceptional talent and is well-known in the industry (regional). I wanted to know how strong this reference letter will be since he’s my manager and my co-founder.
  2. Seek another industry expert person who is not that close to me to strengthen MC (recognition)

Thank your, for your valuable tips.
I am wording how to decide between exceptional promise or potential leader.
Or simply what is the difference between both?

Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation and congratulations on your success.

I am little confused and I have a question.

Can we submit evidence for all 4 optional criteria or is it better to pick 2 optional criteria and submit evidence for them as much as possible?

In the 1st case, even if 1 criteria is not accepted, still there are chances from other criteria. In the 2nd case, we can submit more evidences but if one optional criteria is not accepted, the entire application will be rejected.

Please suggest and guide.

Thank you.

I can’t believe someone with all of these experiences still had so many doubts wow! congrats on your endorsement again. I have also spent months going through the guide and deciding if to apply, I am currently putting my documents together and should be applying very soon.

Thank you for sharing this, it serves as a good guide.

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu As per the tech nation guidelines " All contributions (for example to an Open-Source project, GitHub, or Stack Overflow profile etc.) must demonstrate a consistent and ongoing track record of contributions to the sector. Contributions which have been made solely to support the timing of your application are unacceptable." How old should the profile be? Is 6 months old profile ok for this criteria?

6 months is still close to the timing of your application.

How old the profile should be to qualify for this criteria? I started Git Hub, stack flow, and open source contribution a few months back. I plan to apply in the next 6 to 8 months.

When I read your post, I thought ‘wow, how amazing!’ I have way less experience and accomplishments. And I am still considering it. Thank you for the detailed post :nerd_face:

1 Like

@Shahnoza_Tursunzoda You should definitely consider applying. Arrange the evidences properly and write a very appealing personal statement. In case you have any queries then post it in the forum. We are all here to help. :slight_smile:

@somdipdey @Francisca_Chiedu, can anyone please suggest?

I am not sure why you are tagging me again. I already answered your question.

Wow! Thanks for sharing your amazing experience!

I am a 3rd year PhD student in environmental sciences, GIS/AI, who won one of the “prestigious” awards listed by UKVI for the Global Talent visa. I will probably go for a 4th year and plan to apply for the Global Talent route directly from stage 2.

I looked at the UKVI guidelines for the Global Talent Visa (Apply for the Global Talent visa : Documents you'll need to apply - GOV.UK)) that says that “If you’ve had an award or scholarship to study in the UK in the last year, you’ll also need written permission to apply from the agency or government that granted it.”. What is considered an “international funding body”?

In my case, I hold a Scholarship from my university only covering Tuition Fees, while a Foundation covers the living expenses. None of them covers both living expenses and tuition Fees and are not an “international funding body”. Do I need any consent from them? Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks in advance for your precious help!

1 Like

Hi, Congrats on your endorsement, and thanks for sharing this amazing application. I have one question that is confusing me and would greatly appreciate any clarification. TN says “You cannot use the same piece of evidence for more than one criteria.” However, you have pieces of evidence that you used for both mandatory and optional criteria. Can you please elaborate more on this point TN has made? Thanks in advance.

@Eve Congratulations on your award. Regarding “international funding body” I am guessing they are some of the well known funding institutes including EPSRC, ESRC, BBSRC, UK KTN, EU Horizon, just to name a few. These funding bodies need to award grants that are competitive and are recognised internationally.

I am not completely sure about the foundation that covers your living expense as recognised as an “international funding body”, but if you have received the funding award through a competitive programme and your foundation is known internationally then you could make a case. But I am not sure about this because I haven’t tried it in my application. I had scholarship (tuition fee and stipend for expenses) from my PhD University, University of Essex, however, given how I have put my application, I didn’t use my scholarship as a proof, so, I can not provide more info on that. Maybe someone else in the forum is better suited to share some insights on this if they have done it already.

1 Like

Hi @natalie , I am not sure about any update on UK TN visa guidelines in recent times that mentions “You cannot use the same piece of evidence for more than one criteria.”
Maybe @Francisca_Chiedu can share some insights on this as she is very active within the forum and is more up to date with the latest changes/updates to the guidelines.

However, when I applied, I could only submit 10 pieces of evidence and I could use the same evidence for multiple criteria, which was the formula/strategy I went for to arrange my evidences (if I can recall now).