This is how I got my Endorsement for Global Talent Visa under Exceptional Talent Route (AI/ML Researcher)

All the best! If you have any query, don’t forget to post a question in the forum so that we can provide our view point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@somdipdey thanks for sharing.

In your News articles on my work.pdf, please, how did you clip them together to fit 3-page A4 Size document?

1 Like

@Victor_Shoaga I included 9 total news clippings as mentioned in the post. The way I included them is that first I included the screenshot of the title of the article and then the details of the press publication and the news article along with the link to it. An example of two articles that I have included are as follows:

• TechCrunch: TechCrunch is a leading news website that reports news stories on the business of technology (which has a monthly viewership/readership of 11+ million based on SimilarWeb analytics). The news article with the title, “Nosh uses AI to help people and businesses cut down on their food waste” was published on 23rd September 2021 in TechCrunch. Link to the news article.

• Entrepreneur magazine: Entrepreneur magazine is a leading business magazine in the world (which has a monthly viewership/readership of 6+ million based on SimilarWeb analytics). The news article with the title, “This Founder Started a Tech Business To Reduce Food Waste And Improve Sustainability For a Better Future” was published on 4th March 2022. Link to the news article.

P.S. In this way, you can fit a lot of news clippings within the 3 page limit. But make sure that the press publications that you are including are reputed or well known press houses and also include the total monthly viewership/readership of the publications along with the focus group of the publications.

5 Likes

Thank you very much @somdipdey

1 Like

could you explain the thought leadership document?

@Eliel_Godsent In this evidence document, I started by mentioning what is “thought leadership” and why it is important to mentor and share expertise and experience with other technologists. Then I provided examples of my “thought leadership” works. I broke the exemplar evidences into 2 sections: 1) The OP-EDs that I have written for news publications and 2) In news articles, where I have been quoted providing my expertise and experience on a particular topic.

I often share my experience and knowledge on machine learning/AI and cyber security in news and those were the evidences that I provided as mentioned above.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow wow wow @somdipdey and you were doubting yourself with this resume??? UK is lucky to have you among exceptional talent! Now I am really doubting myself after reading about all your achievements - I have been shying away from being public and have mostly worked and created, although all over the place. Hopefully, I can be endorsed for exceptional promise, I hope you might have some comments or suggestion on the best approach based on your experience:

• I have 1st Msc in international economic relations
  • 2nd in Big data analytics and machine learning
  • 3rd (on the way) in Applied Neuroscience

I initially started as a steel trader for a Korean company and eventually closed deals with customers in the West EU, biggest in their countries. However, since brain has always been my passion I started exploring and discovered bioinformatics and data science.

I eventually went to Ireland to do a research in AI and cognitive health to explore lifestyle impact on dementia and its detection. Further, it pushed my own research and IP and eventually it grew into the company to perform early detection and diagnostics of neurodegenerative disorders. While doing this as a ‘side’ project I also consulted companies around the world - novel credit score modeling in Kenya, various predictions and analyses including NLP and eventually led AI within Eric Schmidt’s portfolio company helping governments to solve the most pressing issues:

• affordable housing (the insights from modelling and research went into policy and there is an article about it)
  • population
  • healthcare
  • transportation
  • redevelopment

and even got shares of the company. Further, I joined an accelerator in Sweden and my company was selected for investment but we dropped it a bit later. I and my partner created 2 companies: 1 deep tech and one tech ‘consultancy’ where we build the most challenging products our customers want. The main product company is our own blockchain ecosystem to redefine how sensitive information is being shared, stored, and collaborate on (AI on blockchain but in development now) and other pieces to contribute to it. Currently, I am consulting the government on AI policy development.

I have NDA under some projects and some things are lost due to previous company being closed (like Twitter wanting to work with us utilizing the algorithms I developed for population predictions and safety). I have evidence of this and more but I am not sure if it is enough to be endorsed. If anyone has valuable insights - happy to listen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the great share… This will help new applicants.

2 Likes

Thank you @Afolabi :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @StaceyAI Thank you for your kind words.

Your profile looks very strong to get endorsed. Now, the main question is how to showcase the evidences to prove that. The way I approached it as recommended by others is as follows:

1. Writing the personal statement first so that I can identify what evidences I need to show to support the personal statement.
  2. Then I chose the evidences in different forms - recommendation letter, online links and news articles.
  3. After that I started arranging the evidences based on the category they fit in and trying to interconnect the evidences.
  4. Reaching out to recommenders with my expectation from them along with the format of the LORs that they need to provide the recommendation in.
1 Like

Thank you @somdipdey this a very valuable recommendation. I started from listing everything and everyone to see what I am ‘working with’ to start choosing the story line, narrative and angle. But I haven’t thought about approaching the personal statement first and I see the value in it - thanks!

2 Likes

The recommendation letter from those three people does it have to be of specific length ? As I saw a post of someone saying they have to be 3pages at least …please help with clarification

it should not be more than 3 pages but it can be less than three pages as long as it covers the point written in the tech nation guide

2 Likes

2 of the LORs were around 2 pages and 1 LOR was of 3 pages. Each LOR covered the points as needed to support my application.

2 Likes

@somdipdey You are truly an inspiration.

1 Like

I did my PhD in Computer science and engineering
Having 17 years of IT Experience ( DevOps Python and DataAnalytics).

TN GT …while applying for this …can I add PhD information as well?

Will this be an added advantage?

@DrTauqeerHussain Thank you for the kind words. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

@PurnachandraRao No need to talk about your PhD until it fits your story as mentioned in the personal statement. However, do provide the peer-reviewed papers that you have published during the PhD (if you have published) or do provide the peer-reviews you have done for journals/conferences that will fall under OC evidences. You can see from my evidences’ example how I have shown the peer-reviewed conference/journal papers and peer-reviews for conferences and journals.

1 Like

Hi Sir
Thsnks a lot for your response.

DevOps Python DataAnalytics
(Since 14 years I m working as build and release engineer and DevOps Engineer).

I did my PhD as well ( published 4 journals and three conferences).

I m working as reviewer Australian journal.
( I did 15 papers review so far and they provided me certificate for each review).

Could you please help me now how to proceed further.

My only confusion is:
If we apply on research we need to associate with one endorsement body,
If we apply on technical skills we need to associate with another endorsement body.

I hope you got clearly where I have the confusion.

Could you please help me in this.

I will apply on technical ( Tech Nation endorsement body) , and I will add PhD journals and conferences and certificates as reviewer.
Will this be added advantage?