Stage 2 waiting times

Because I chose the option to be delivered to my lawyer (ACL) instead of collecting it from Home Office.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting since March 3rd. No updates.

Sad to hear, where did you apply from?

2 Likes

From Lisbon, Portugal

1 Like

Applied in Istanbul, Turkey on April 14th together with my unmarried partner. Will keep you all posted, fingers crossed!

Applied in Tbilisi, Georgia on the 10th of March. I am still waiting

@Elena @Ilya_Andreev @Fareed_Rezaei @dvolkhonskiy @Anindya did any of you all get a confirmation and invitation to collect your passport yet?

Still waiting. No help from UKVI paid emails either.

1 Like

I applied on the 15th of April. Still waiting

1 Like

I am still waiting

It seems to me that there is a lot of applications in my region because of the war in Ukraine

1 Like

Yes, I have received my passports on April 15th

1 Like

Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your updates here. I applied on the 21 March in Moscow, together with my partner. Still waiting.

1 Like

@Elena, @Ilya_Andreev do you have any updates with your applications?

No news and no updates

1 Like

Nothing from me. There was a recent discussion about this on the TechNation Slack. If you ping me there @AlexS @Elena, I’ll forward the discussion thread to you.

2 Likes

We applied on the 21 March in Moscow too (5 years, me, wife and 2 children). Still no updates.

1 Like

Information from the GTV team regarding Russian/Belarusian visas (reworded):

Home Office says that at present there are no official bans and/or halts to visa processing. A few things going on now that contribute to the delays:

• UK Civil Service (that staffs the Home Office as well) experience a mismatch between the staff quantity and amount of work they have to do, one indicator is that passports for UK citizens take up to 2.5 months and longer if it’s a first time
  • Over the last weeks there has been a surge of visa requests alongside all routes, including GTV over the past 9 weeks. Notably, out of a hundred or so visa applications expected per month there has been about sixty from Russia in March alone

– end of information received, my thoughts below –

It’s a difficult time for Home Office now, they are doing way better in the recent weeks going through refugee programs for Ukrainian nationals and it’s natural (and commendable) that those applications are prioritized over all others and cause severe delays across these routes. Let’s be patient, by some calculations getting through the entire backlog of refugee applications shouldn’t take more than another 3 weeks and then we might start seeing some movement.

2 Likes

Just received an approval email regarding my stage 2 application from March 3rd. Looks like processing is getting unstuck.

3 Likes

We have also confirmed that two other Russian Global Talent alumni got their Stage 2 visa approved today. Both applied in Moscow, one on Jan 26th and the other on Feb 25th!

3 Likes

Just received my passport today. I’ve submitted my biometrics on the 25th of March

6 Likes