Stage 1 waiting times?

@Ritae i just got my 7th edit aswell :rofl: same assesor is checking our application.

Today we are getting a response hopefully.

Have you got decision as I’ve also applied on same date?

@Docomo1 how many edits so far ?

I just got my fourth edit today since I applied

Which means we can expect it either today or tomorrow.

I don’t see how you checking on the edits helps your application. Going by the logic around the number of edits as suggested by other applicants, if you have several edits, it means it is not looking good.

4 Likes

Do I need to send my documents to UKVI via email as mentioned in the visa application login, or is it sufficient to upload them on the Tech Nation portal?

What are the next steps I need to complete in the visa application form?

:weary::weary::weary::weary: still very hopeful though

@Ritae i am hopeful too :joy:

Upload on tech nation platorm

Hey everyone
I applied on the 30th of July for exceptional promise
my first edit was 5th of August
26th of august
then today the 28th
its been four weeks now hopefully I hear back this week

@Ritae any update on your application ?

Nope, nothing and yours?

@Ritae nothing :frowning: what are they doing literally stressing me out.

@Carthy Have you got any update?

Me too! Hopefully we get a feedback soon.

Hopefully we all hear back soon

Hello :wave: I got rejected for the Exceptional promise
This was the response

Assessment panel feedback:
The applicant applied under the Exceptional Promise visa route, selecting optional criteria 2 and 3.
The applicant meets the requirements of the mandatory criteria. The applicant provides relevant letters of recommendation that highlight specifics of their work. The applicant has appeared in panels at relevant conferences in the sector and shows they have been invited to take part in the Devs of Colour showcase at an expo. The application demonstrates emerging national recognition and the potential to be a leader in digital technology.
The applicant does not meet the requirements of optional criteria 2. In the mandatory criteria we followed the link to the video of the applicant’s conference talk because video cannot be uploaded to the application and so must be externally held.
The remainder of the application relies on external links to the applicant’s google drive. We cannot reference evidence held by the applicant as it can be changed after assessment and only use links to verify the contents of evidence which is readable and uploaded to the application.
As such the documents relating to this criteria are additional personal statements with embedded screenshots which do not sufficiently support the claims made, or letters written specifically in support of the application again without evidence to support claims.
There is no evidence that the applicant has been recognised for advancing the sector of digital technology outside of their employment.
The applicant does not meet the requirements of optional criteria 3 for the same reason. There is evidence of the applicant’s work, but not evidence to support the claims of impact. The claims of impact are also vague, such as ‘had a very big part to play in the development’.
This is not a level of impact that can be measured or demonstrated as significant on the company itself.
Overall the applicant has met the requirements of the mandatory only. We do not endorse this application.

For my first OC2 I provided documentation showing my involvement in the games industry as part of the team members of the game convention, in this I added pictures reference of my name on the official website as one of the organizing team and roles I also added a google drive link of a reference letter written by the founder recognizing me.

For my second OC2 I provided a document of me talking about my voluntary role working at a game house developing the app and I provided screenshot and code of one of the functionality i added and google drive video link of me showing how it works on the app.

For the third OC2 I showcased my talk on an expo with the help of pictures and also provided a google drive of highlights of the event. I also provided an interview highlight in which I was interviewed as a game developer in an event I exhibited at.

My last OC2 was how I participated in the first ever Xbox Africa games camp being selected amongs 600 individuals all over Africa for the camp.

Then for my first OC3 I talked on my work on a project and showcased my impact. I shared google drive links of me exhibiting and showcasing the projects also via video and also provided download metrics.

For my other OC3 I talked on impact in a game that got recognition and shaped how people saw African game developers.

My third OC3 I provided a reference letter from the founder of the game studio providing detailed approach I took that solved a impacted on the games over Succes of the first oc3 and he also backed the send oc3

@Carthy when did you get a response from tech nation what time ?

I got the response today