Stage 1 waiting times?

For more than 5 years I have been running a software & design agency.
There are works that I work on as an individual project.
I think the TN referees thought that the work I did was as a company.

What kind of expression language can I use to persuade in the objection file?

Should I say you misunderstood me, this is my business? Because my evidence is my point of view and my designs.

@Lev_Zabudko Which lawyer did you work with? Maybe he can help with my case too!

I am about to apply also, as exceptional promise at a company that makes in-house tech. (and also about to pay 3k to lawyer to assist, I have to decide and pay deposit tomorrow). But I am not sure they have much experience with this kind of visa. Has anyone recommended a law firm to you yet?
ps. I am not a founder or a dev, I am applying as Bus Dev / Marketing / Project Manager

3K is big money. So how much is it all?
Which law firm will you work with?

I couldn’t get better and more successful advice.
If you can decipher the spelling language, I can recommend you to make the first application yourself.

I will make my objection this week, I wonder what kind of result I will get.

1 Like

Applied on the 1st of November. There were 4 edits, the last one on 23 November.
On 14 December I wrote to Home Office to ask how the application is doing. They replied: “You were already endorsed on 10 November, enclosed is copy of the decision letter.”
But in my inbox there is not a single email from them for 10 November, I checked spam regularly too. Strange.

3 Likes

Profile: Exceptional Promise

Applied on 27 Nov 2023 11:51 (WAT)
first edit: 29 Nov 2023 20:24 (WAT)
second edit : 15 Dec 2023 18:02 (WAT)

Today makes it exactly 3 weeks. I’m a bit nervous :cold_sweat:

Received a 3rd edit just now: 18 Dec 2023 18:07 (WAT)

1 Like

I submitted my application on the 29th of November,

I got a first edit on the 30th of November
Got 3 edits on the 18th of December at 3 different times.
I haven’t gotten any other edit since then.

It’s been 3 weeks and I’m still waiting.

Does anyone have a similar issue

I’m in a similar situation as well. 3 weeks and 2 days. I think you should not read too much meaning into the edits. It’s just a proof that someone(the assessor) is checking your application and you’re close to a decision.

I understand that it can be tough to deal with the anxiety during this waiting period.

Cheers.

2 Likes

@lexyblazy thank you so much, the anxiety is killing

Be very patient. Mine took 7 weeks before I got my endorsement. Get something else to distract yourself with.

4 Likes

Hey @oou - I decided not to use the full legal service.
I spoke on zoom to someone who was endorsed and they explained how they formatted their evidences.They made a good pint that unless this firm handles many GTV applications, their knowledge will be as good as mine. And my questions were answers in this forum anyway.

It did not seem like this firm had processed many applications, nor did they offer stats on their success rates, nor offer a discovery call. (They won’t do any calls, only emails and charged 400£ for 2x questions). They answered the 2 specific questions that were relative to the home office, and I will prepare the rest myself.

One question that was specific to me as I only have 3 weeks left on my current visa - if I get refused and I want to appeal, I need to leave the UK for the appeal process. I could maybe apply from scratch for GTV. If I want to then switch to a sponsor visa I can maybe stay in the UK while it processes (as it’s a different home office application). But I will get legal advice again if I actually need to cross that bridge.

I don’t see many people using OC 4 (academia) as evidence, but I have my HD grade from ULaw Legal Tech thesis, and I have 3x extra letters from experts to endorse my research. I am a bit concerned about that one but I will just explain everything clearly and hope for the best.

1 Like

Good luck and wishing you the very best!
I asked the home office what days they will not be avail (25th, 26th Dec & 1st Jan). Other than that, there will be staff working at the Home Office. Not sure about what days Tech Nation will take holidays, maybe they take more days off.

I will also be stressing once I send mine… I hope you get your reply by 1st week of Jan so you can celebrate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have a list of your evidence? Since you have less than 3 weeks on your visa, you need to submit and hope you get a decision in 2 weeks

Hi,

What is the chances of endorsement after rejection.

100% if you meet the criteria.

1 Like

While disappointing, a rejection gives you valuable feedback that you can use to address and perfect a new application. Many people in this forum with relevant experience have been rejected once or twice (or more) and then accepted. Good luck!

Hi @Jessica_Surendorff

I decided to get help from a law firm. Because the application is very simple but if you are not a good narrator it is really difficult. This situation forced me

When I talked to the lawyer, she mentioned a few details and I was not aware of them.
She quoted a price of 4K £, I think I will.

Good luck everybody

2 Likes

Please let me know the review process time.

Any one got update from home office after 25th December

Got an edit yesterday