Stage 1 waiting times?

This is why folks should just stop stressing out about edits.

2 Likes

not stressing out though. just wanted to know if anyone experienced the same thing

2 Likes

Hello everyone. If I currently work in a non digital technology sector, Can I use it as evidence that I command a good salary under the promise route? Also, can a logistics company be regarded as a digital technology company? @Francisca_Chiedu @ask4jubad

Has anyone got any updates today?

Yes oooo.

6th and 7th edit

I was hoping to beat the record with an 8th edit but nothing happened today

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We wait for the verdict

1 Like

@Oyebola_Abubakar, if you work in a technical role in the non-technology sector, then it should be fine. This is in accordance to the example of a typical applicant on TN guide:

Also, the nature of the activities of the logistics company as well as the role of technology in the business is what determines if the company qualifies (or not) as a digital technology company.

Kobo360 for instance is an example of a tech company in logistics.

Thank you for the response

It’s so unfair by TN to do this. I went through my rejected application (old one that I submitted last year) and I just found out that the last edited is 13 Apr 2023 while my current application last edited is 11 Apr 2023. Why is it now stated on their website that each application is independent when they will be checking through the old application.

1 Like

I noticed they did that to mine too. I’m not sure why

I just checked mine, and it’s true.
My current application hasn’t been edited yet, but my previous application was edited on Tuesday April 11th

1 Like

However, I don’t think it’s anything to panic over. I can’t see any reason why someone would have their application declined, if it is of a greater standard than their previous application.

1 Like

I too got edit in my previous application

I dont think we should be too focused on Edits. I got edits yesterday on my March rejected application. I haven’t re-applied yet. So it doesn’t mean anything to be honest.

You mean you don’t have any active application still you are getting edits?
Or you have already submitted new application @Mors_E

I dont have an active application yet

And you didn’t submit for appeal?

Nahh. I did not appeal

I got rejected guys.

Assessment panel feedback:
The candidate has applied for an exceptional promise visa and they have chosen Optional Criteria 1 (OC1) and 3 (OC3). The candidate has more than 5 years of experience as they have mentioned themselves in their cover letter, with their first software engineering role in 2015. Therefore, this application will be evaluated as an exceptional talent. The candidate is the CTO of a crypto payment startup.
The candidate has provided 3 reference letters with complimentary descriptions for the candidate’s work. These letters were not specific enough and did not describe the candidate as a national or international leader in their field. Their salary also is not enough to be used as evidence for the mandatory criteria (MC). MC is not awarded.
For OC1, the candidate has not provided specific evidence for a proven track record of innovation in a digital company. Being a CTO in a startup is not evidence of innovation in itself. OC1 is not awarded.
For OC3, the candidate has provided the letter from their CEO as the main source of impact. However, the description of the tasks and technical impact within the company fall with that of a competent technologist and we haven’t found enough evidence to award OC3 on the basis of exceptional impact. Other self-reported impact cannot be used as evidence unless validated by a third party. OC3 is not awarded.
Given the information presented, we do not endorse the application.