Seeking Guidance on Exceptional Talent Application

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum and seeking some guidance. Currently, I’m on a Skilled Worker Visa, but my sponsorship is ending soon. After reviewing the Tech Nation guidelines, I’m considering applying as an Exceptional Talent, given my 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test (5 years in the UK and 2 years abroad). I’m aiming to meet the mandatory and optional criteria outlined for this category, but I’m uncertain about the evidence required. I’m hoping the community here can provide some clarity.

During my tenure at an IT company (employer A) from August 2019 to July 2021, I served as a Software Engineer in Test, successfully testing multiple projects and consistently meeting deadlines. Notably, I introduced and implemented Automation frameworks for key projects, ensuring end-to-end compliance, particularly important as the company was a registered sponsor.

Since November 2021, I’ve been working as a Test Analyst for a prominent insurance company via employer B, with a promotion to Team Lead in September 2023. I possess evidence of this promotion in the form of an email from my manager acknowledging my contributions. As a Team Lead, I’ve spearheaded various improvements in workflow, reporting, and turnaround time, resulting in enhanced processes and timely project completion. Documentation such as emails corroborating these implementations and recognitions is available.

Beyond my professional roles, I’ve actively contributed to skill development within and outside my field. This includes training team members and non-technical colleagues, as well as assisting individuals with software testing and project assignments. While I lack academic contributions through published research, I did develop School Management software between 2014 and 2017, which was successfully sold to a local nursery school back home. I’m unsure if this can serve as evidence as the meetings were face to face and I was paid in cash? Please advise if I can attach a letter/note from the school confirming the same and snippets of the code.

Here are my specific questions

Any recommendations if my application will be considered for GT visa?

MC: show that they have been recognized as a leading talent in the digital technology sector in the last 5 years: Can I attach emails, meeting invites on the introduction of new processes, work flows, training, and reports showing the impact of new processes, and recognition emails from managers?

OC2: For proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field: Can I use my employment contracts, salary slips, and increment letters

OC3:
they have made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member, or employee of a product-led digital technology company: Can I use the recommendation letter from employer A evidencing my work as I don’t have access to the emails of introductions and implementation of Automation frameworks? Can I attach snippets of automation frameworks?

Thanks in advance
Sumrani

I understand that you weren’t employed at the insurance company but was outsourced to it? This may be problematic since the rules generally exclude consulting and outsourcing work
“This excludes general consultancies, outsourcing and technology-related consultancy groups”

For your questions:

I’m afraid I don’t think your profile as you presented it will be enough.

MC: that won’t be enough. You need to show recognition in the field, company internal meetings and reports are not enough to show this and you need to find external evidence too.

OC2 is about contributions outside your workplace and immediate job. employment contracts, salary slips, and increment letters don’t fit this criteria

OC3: a recommendation letter alone won’t be enough to establish the criteria. You should try to find more evidence like the automation frameworks that you mention