Seeking feedback on my application - Exceptional Promise - Product Designer

Hey Guys, I’m excited to share my plans to apply for the Global Talent Visa under the ‘Exceptional Promise’ category. As I prepare my application, I would love to get your honest feedback.

I’m a Product Designer with under five years of experience, having spent the last four years working at two different companies in Nigeria.

I intend to get the 3 recommendation letters from:

1. The CEO of a tech company in Germany I worked with
  2. A Divisional head where I currently work
  3. Divisional Head/Executive, Business Technology, and Digital Innovations in a Fintech Company

Mandatory criteria

MC1. I led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product, or team inside a digital technology company.

I led the complete design process of a Fintech application, from its initial concept through to its successful launch. I have supporting metrics, including screenshots of app downloads, a growth chart of the customer base, and total transaction value on the platform, along with a letter of recommendation.

MC 2: I held a significant expert role in participating on panels, or individually, assessing the work of others in the same field or a field of specialization related to the digital technology sector.

"I have an invitation letter to join an assessment panel for selecting design candidates for a Tech Bootcamp, along with an appreciation letter from Company ‘A.’

Additionally, I have screenshots of an invitation to participate in a Product Design job interview process and the assessment forms I completed to assist in hiring decisions for Company ‘B.’

I also received an invitation to review design tasks for six potential hires at Company ‘C’

Finally, I was invited to carry out an assessment that contributed 30% to the confirmation appraisals of other product designers at my current company."

MC 3: I command a high salary or other remuneration for my services

I have contracts and payslips that demonstrate I earn up to four times (4x) the salary of individuals with similar experience in my country, using Glassdoor as a reference.

MC 4: Major media about the applicant related to the applicant’s work in the digital technology sector.

I have newspaper clippings from a leading publication highlighting my work in developing an open-source UX resource platform with a free tech mentorship program.

OC2

1. I have evidence of my participation in a mentorship program from December 2021 to November 2023, spanning four cohorts, each lasting around four months, with over 200 mentees.
    This includes screenshots of me facilitating in-person sessions, group chats with mentees, success stories, and interactions on Google Classroom.
    Additionally, I have a reference letter from the organization that managed the mentorship program, detailing the structure of the program with my role and contributions.

2. I have reference letters, social media posts, and invitation emails for four speaking engagements related to Product Design and starting a tech career. I also have screenshots of the sessions, showing the attendance of over 150 participants for each

3. Evidence of contributions to an open-source project
    I designed and developed a live Free UX resource and UX mentorship platform, during which I also learned coding. To demonstrate my contributions, I have screenshots showing monthly site traffic and the number of recent UX mentorship cohort registrations. Additionally, I’m including feedback from users posted on the website and messages received on LinkedIn

OC3

1. I made a significant contribution to a digital bank’s savings vertical by creating a feature that resulted in a 500% (123k) increase in its adoption within just five months. Additionally, I developed another feature that expanded the customer base by over 10,000 users in about a month

Evidence of impact

• Metabase data
  • Company metrics
  • Figma Designs, JIRA Tickets & Slack communications screenshots
  1. I made a significant impact on fintech by redesigning a feature that has been adopted by over 30,000 companies. This feature is currently the only one of its kind integrated with Google Pay in my country.

Evidence of the impact

• Company metrics screenshots: transaction value growth since its redesign,
  • Metrics of transaction count from a platform that has integrated this feature.
  • Publications on integration of solution with Google Pay
  • Link to more details features on the company’s website.
  • Reference letter from one of the division heads in said fintech company
1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu @pahuja Sorry for the unsolicited tag but I would love your input :pray:

Hi @Kolabinary i think you have a strong evidence set!

In MC, participation in internal job interviews and hiring assessment is internal process of work and does not really reflect potential for the sector. I don’t see them as strong evidence.

In OC2.2: are these speaking engagements part of leading digital technology events? were you main stage speaker - do you have pictures of you speaking? What kind of likes comments are there on the social media posts?

Ca you get a reference letter for OC3.1 too?

1 Like

Maybe this checklist will help plan evidences UK Global Talent Visa TechNation Stage 1 Mandatory and Optional Criteria Checklist