Seeking Advice on Organizing Global Talent Visa Evidence: AI/ML and Sustainability Expertise

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all for your help. I’ve been in the UK for 3 years on a Tier 2 work visa and want to switch to the Global Talent Visa. I’ve been selected for a venture building program (listed in Tech Nation’s fast track guidelines) focused on the UK’s sustainability and net-zero energy goals. I have 16 years of experience, mostly in AI and ML, mostly from work in the USA. I’d appreciate any advice on organizing my evidence to support my application.

I have 3 letters of recommendation (LORs):

1. From my current UK company’s partner and AI Lead, highlighting my role in developing Gen AI-related software and AI transformation projects (2021-present).
  2. From the CEO of US company I worked for fulltime 3 yrs (2018-21), mentioning my work leading AI/ML tools for fintech and other industries, including products that later got patents (after I left).
  3. From a US building science firm, where I volunteered as a tech advisor (since 2018). They feature my profile on their site (1.5M visitors per year) and have published 3 of my articles on AI/ML in building energy reduction.

I’m unsure where to place the following evidence for 4 MC, 3 OC1, and 3 OC3 categories:

1. As CTO/partner from 2016-2021 at a US building science firm (outside my full time job as employee with LOR2 company), I developed tools for carbon footprint reduction using open-source code. Evidence includes:
    a. CEO letter outlining my role and tools I developed.
    b. QuickBooks showing $200k+ revenue in 2021 and a 4% increase from 2020.
    c. Salary and profit share snapshots as Partner/CTO.
    d. Partnership agreement (created in 2018).
    e. Company dissolution document (doesn’t mention me) after I left for UK in 2021.
    f. Quickbooks revenue snapshots from the tools I developed.
    g. 2021 invoices from major clients, including a $18k project.
    h. IRS 1099 form for the $18k collection from above client. IRS is US’s taxman.
    i. Tool snapshot showing a $3M annual energy savings for above client’s 12 buildings portfolio.
    j. Report snapshot showing another client’s $25k energy savings.
    k. Website (still live) showing tools I developed as CTO, and my page mentioning the role.
    l. We plan to revive the business in 2025 after my venture program.

2. Offer letter from the UK venture program starting next month, and a letter from the program director acknowledging my skills.

3. Snapshots of a tool I helped develop (mentioned in LOR1), showing productivity gains and compliance risk reduction. Reviewers don’t have public access of tools, but LOR1 mentions my role.

4. Similar for Company LOR2, with public info and snapshots of data models I developed.

5. Offer letters and paystubs from LOR1&2 companies showing my salary in top 10% bracket in both UK and US companies.

6. For Company LOR3, links to my articles and website snapshots showing 1.5M visitors, plus old interface snapshots of tools I helped develop (not very impressive though).

Any advice on organizing these documents into the correct categories would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi @pmsept ,

I think you should read the main Guidance here: Tech Nation Visa Guide - Tech Nation
also you can refer to a checklist prepared by @Anurag_Singh for Mapping your Evidences against this Criteria Checklist UK Global Talent Visa TechNation Stage 1 Mandatory and Optional Criteria Checklist

Hope this is helpful!

1 Like

Thank you for reply! Yeah I have these documents accessed. If you can atleast explain where can I put “UK venture program acceptance letter and its program director’s acknowledgment letter” as its not mentioned in the excel sheet by Anurag. Thanks!

Hi @pmsept ,

its important to know that noone knows your work more than you. You can list your evidences in proposed criteria and me and others in this forum can advise further.

Quick tip is to ask yourself what is the purpose and content of this evidence? if its Recognition then MC1, if its Innovation then OC1, is it outside work contribution then OC2, does it reflect any technical, commercial , entrepreneurial Impact?? then its OC3, is it academic? then thats 4.

Everyone is volunteering and if you need further assistance there are some offering it as paid service.

Best of luck!

Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

@pmsept its not a strong evidence to prove any criteria. The acceptance will help you in fast tracking the application but it’s not really an example of evidence as per TN official guidelines (link shared by @Francisca_Chiedu above).
You should rather focus on planning evidences that directly meet the criteria and will help you in endorsement and not find ways to use a specific document.

4 Likes