Review needed on my application as exceptional promise (AI/ML researcher/engineer)

Hi,

I need some guidance regarding my application as a promising leader.

Apart from the 3 LORs, Below are the evidences I have for MC and OCs. Kindly review them and suggest if they look good or if should i collect more evidence.

My brief profile: I have two years of research experience a AL/ML researcher during my masters (Sep 2019- 2021) and 3 years of Machine Learning engineer experience in 3 different companies (1 year in each). In UK and working as ML engineer for past 1 year. (2 years of software engineer experience before masters (2017-2019) but i am not counting that because I shifted my domain to Artificial Intelligence).

MC:

• Have a total of 4 research papers, 3 have good citations and have proven to be very novel. Google Scholar profile with a total of 390+ citations.

• Published a research paper (a novel dataset) and presented at a very high-profile Artificial conference (NeurIPS) (it was a virtual conference during covid with 13K + attendees of the conference, can’t say about my presentation’s views), have 160 citations, and have recorded proof of 1200 download requests forms of the research from researchers all around the world (major universities/labs), alot of emails received regarding the research (e.g people form Stanford, Berkley), and my presentation is available online on the conference’s website.

• Peer reviews of the paper from anonymous reviewers available online, proving paper was accepted based on a rigorous review process.

• SS of People mentioning on LinkedIn/twitter that their research achieved good results on the dataset of my research. (means industry validation of my research)

• Extension of this research was also published in a peer-reviewed conference, got 70 citations, code repository was made online available with 65 stars, 13 forks, was maintained by me (last commit 3 years ago).

• My University, during my master’s, published news on their website about my research paper published at a top AI conference.

• Have pictures of Posters of my 2 research papers hanging on the wall outside the research lab at my university.

• Have proof of being a reviewer of two good AI conferences.

• Did TA ship during my masters and gave tutorials on the same domain technologies. Have email proofs that I was a TA. (activity outside my work/kind of voluntary)

• Planning to use another research paper for OC4, but can attach another research paper for MC if it’s weak?

• Have a support letter from a leading research expert from the same lab I worked in. Need to know if all of these cover this MC?

• Working as a Machine Learning Engineer (Oxford) in the UK already for 1 year, basic salary is more than top % acc to Glassdoor/Payscale in Oxford and UK (Glassdoor top is 58k, getting 60k+).

For Optional Criterias OC3: (or maybe OC1)

• Working in UK in a big game development company for 1 year, can show recent proof of my innovative/impactful work at my current digital tech UK company and appreciation of my work on the company’s internal ERP system.
    The product is an internal company’s product, developed for another department of the company, they used to do manual work but my product has automated it. (Multiple pipelines, AI research part + product development) Time reduced from 3 hours to 30 secs). I don’t have any access to the company’s sales etc. but can show how much they are charging for the outputs of their manual work (selling comic books online). Website’s visit stats. Now their bandwidth of selling more comic books has increased significantly. Email feedback from users of the product (internal people), plus appreciation emails for the product (not me directly) from HOD of other department, CEO, Senior management. I have all the evidence that I did the entire work, AI research, product development, internal Gitlab codes, diagrams, documentation, etc. The entire product was developed by me, with proof. Total 3 members in the AI department with hierarchy HOD > me > Jr ml engineer. HOD’s LOR is attached with 3 LORS. can only get a support letter from Jr engineer.
  • Main target is above one, but worked on two products for 1 year each in two companies. But since I have left those companies, I dont have any evidence of my contributions except for the support letter I can get from the teammates.

What more evidence can I attach to make it stronger?

OC4:

• Another research paper with 160+ citations was published at a top Artificial Intelligence conference (CVPR) with my presentation available online (280+ views) on their website. It was a novel research paper regarding deepfakes detection. I was contacted by IEEE Biometrics Council to write a page about this research for their quarterly newsletter and was published. Alot of emails from researchers around the world asking for the code of the research.
  • Extension of this research, published another research paper in a peer-reviewed journal with a good impact factor. Received prize money from the university based on the criteria of a good impact journal publication.
  • Does this evidence cover this OC4?

I would really appreciate it if anyone could guide me on which points are weak or need more proof. Thank you.

@Francisca_Chiedu @pahuja @Peace_Itimi @mahdibeee @Tolulope_Ogunjuyigbe @Augusta @applicantgc @alexnk @ellagna @Ayotunde

@hsafra @alexnk could you guys please take a look?
Thanks.

You should use examples of other products even if you have left those companies. Support them with support letters and if there’s any media mention/PR/external link mentioning the product

@pahuja thanks. I will do that.
Can you also review the MC, is it strong enough?

Can you clearly mention how many evidence documents exactly do you have under MC and which document includes what information?

@pahuja

I dont know how many documents I will create for the evidence of MC, but below are the rough estimate.

2 pages for 2 paper, their presentations online links, briefly explaining what paper were, thier impact on advancing the domain with proofs, all the stats I have, etc as mentioned above, online/uni mentioning papers. (All of the evidence might take 3 pages)

1 page for support letter for my research from Phd researcher.

1 page for salary proof with glassdoor benchmarks. Previous salary, (100% scholarship with stipend during masters of it counts)

Total 5 or 6.

@Francisca_Chiedu can you please review my application? Thanks.

You need to reduce your evidence. The Mandatory is full of research contribution most of which may be suitabe for OC$. some are relevent for MC. I think you need to study the tech nation guide and select a list of quality evidence close to what is suggested in the guide. Just puting a lengthen list does not help.

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu thank you.
The purpose of these details was to check if I have a chance to get an exceptional promise, what do you think?
I have already reduced the list for MC as I am preparing the docs. Can you please review if the evidence in OCs is strong enough?
Also, showing 2 research papers in MC and 2 in OC4. (Can we show research papers in MC?)
Also, do we need to show the screenshots of evidence in external links? E.g research paper published in a conference, do I need to attach the screenshot along with the link? I am asking because I am having trouble attaching alot of screenshots.
Thanks

This Criteria checklist might help - UK Global Talent Visa TechNation Stage 1 Mandatory and Optional Criteria Checklist