Rate my profile for Exceptional Promise Route

Hi everyone, I’m planning to apply for the GTV as an Exceptional Promise. I think I have a mixed profile with both technical and business aspects. I’ve founded three startups before, but these three startups couldn’t become commercial, meaning I didn’t make money. Nevertheless, I won many awards; my startups have been published and mentioned on many websites. Also, one of them is still on the App Stores. Now, I’m working as a Senior Frontend Developer in a US based product-led company that was recently acquired by Cisco.

I would appreciate if you could evaluate my profile and give me some bits of advice about my pieces of evidence and if they are sufficient or not.

Personal Documents:

1. Personal Statement
  2. CV that is showing my experiences. Now, I’m working as a Senior Frontend Developer in a successful product-led company that shapes the Event Industry.
    My Linkedin Profile

Recommendation Letters:

1. Co-Founder & CEO of a San Francisco based presentation creation tool, also we started a Startup together before.
  2. Co-CEO of a Crowdfund platform like Indigogo & Kickstarter. He is a well-known person in the event industry of the Turkish startup ecosystem. Also, he was an adviser to one of my previous Startups.
  3. Founder of a London based Startup that empowers enterprises about their innovation & entrepreneurship activities.

Mandatory Requirement

1. Documents showing my employment contract for my current Senior Frontend Developer role.
  2. Photos, news clippings and social media posts showing my last startups achievements, my Youtube Interview with 6k views I’m talking about the e-learning industry and my product.
  3. Web sites clippings, news, YouTube promotion videos and social media posts featuring me and my previous startup by an entrepreneurship program led by the Turkish Industry & Business Association which is a member of BusinessEurope (I don’t know if these will fit in three pages)
  4. Endorsement letter from Turkish Industry & Business Association explaining my potential and entrepreneurial activities (Taken from the association itself)
  5. 3 Pages showing my awards and achievements from local hackathons. (Social media posts, some websites mentioning my name and/or my startups)

Optional requirements

Option 1

At least two examples of innovation as a founder of a product-led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept

1. Three pages of a document describing my fintech startup, its innovative side; technical details, diagrams and active Web site, App Store & Play store URLs.
  2. Three pages of a document describing my language learning startup, its innovative side, technical details, diagrams, feasibility tables.
  3. The contract that shows my language learning product was accepted to the biggest accelerator of the Turkish Startup Ecosystem.

Option 3

Made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company

1. A supporting letter from a senior colleague who left the company recently explaining my technical contributions and how it impacts the company I’m currently working for.
  2. My Bitbucket commit screenshots of the feature I developed and screenshots from the Slack channel showing how it impacted average payment to our company + Promotion website link of the feature. (I developed a feature that brought significant revenue to the company I work for)

I have doubts as to whether my evidence fits the right criteria. However, I’m open to ANY suggestions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi @acerbastimur! From your description it seems that you might be able to get endorsement as an Exceptional Promise. However, without actually seeing what you have inside the evidence it is not possible to tell you more. Please also bear in mind that the bar is quite high and Tech Nation does a very good job in assessing candidates to meet world-best standards, and even if you do formally meet all the criteria it does not necessarily mean you will be endorsed.

There’s only one way to know if you will be endorsed for sure.

P.S. I am not working for the Tech Nation neither I represent them in any way. I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advise.

1 Like

Your profile looks great! When will you apply?

1 Like

I just decided on my criteria, and I haven’t started working on any documents yet. So I’m not sure right now.

Looks great.

Option 1 evidence 2 and 3 look a little similar to me. It’s like one piece of evidence divided into two.

Maybe move 3 into the Option 3 section? (I might be completely wrong here)

1 Like

@Shreeniwas_Iyer Hi Shreeniwas,
I’d like to ask you how I would fit documents with many pages into three pages? For example, my employment contract is 20 pages; should I add the important pages’ screenshots?

Yes, a combination of thumbnails and links to the original documents somewhere on the cloud - like Google Drive or Dropbox. That’s what I did to fit content that was longer/larger than available document size.

2 Likes

Hi all!

I have done some changes on my application and submitted it on 1st of November. Let’s see what happens :raised_hands::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@acerbastimur submitted also mine also yesterday.Finger cross

Did you apply as a promise or a talent?

@acerbastimur talent

Hi, Any update so far on your application. Still waiting also.

1 Like

Hi, still the same, waiting for a response. I hope this week they’ll return to me this week :thinking:

Hi all, I submitted my application on the 1st of November and still waiting for a response. Should I be worried about it? I know I should wait for 8 weeks but many people get their response in a few days these days.

Btw, did you get and response?

Still waiting. I believe by next week they should response

1 Like

I got my endorsement today for Exceptional Talent.

2 Likes

Congrats!:heart_eyes: I hope I’ll get mine this week​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes it will surely come this week. Maybe tomorrow :wink:

Congratulations. What’s your field? You should consider sharing your documents checklist, folks here may find it useful.