Rate my profile for Exceptional Promise Route

Thanks, @Francisca_Chiedu. Yes, I will share my documents and experience later today. I am a data scientist.

2 Likes

Congrats again, it was worth the wait.

Congratulations @Adeyinka_Ojo.

Don’t forget to join the Visa Alumni channel on Slack when you have gotten the visa at Stage 2. (https://technation.io/tech-nation-visa-alumni-network/). That community is super useful around your move to the UK and settling in the UK too.

Thanks @badesemowo i will check. I am already living in the UK and working.

For knowledge purposes on the Exceptional Talent route. P.S. I am not working for Tech Nation neither I represent them in any way. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

I was able to submit the following documents. In all, I submitted 10 documents.

Personal Documents:

1. Personal Statement - Not more than 1000 words. summary of all my experiences across every information I mentioned inside the Mandatory and Qualifying Criteria ( Innovation and Impact work I did) I made sure I listed all my achievements. I used the words “I” a lot because it is all about your work what you did and not teamwork this time

2. My resume had a summary of all my experiences across every information I mentioned inside the Mandatory and Qualifying Criteria ( Innovation and Impact work I did). (I had 3 pages for this).

3. My Linkedin page was a mirror of my resume. I included all I had done, in line with what I wrote under innovation and Impact. I will advise that ensure this match. I also listed all the awards and voluntary work I have done

Recommendation Letters:

1. Co-Founder & CEO of a top Telecommunication and also a co-founder of a data Charity Club. I am a member and also a mentor in that Data Science club. ( He talked about my activity as a mentor and a volunteer)
  2. Director in a top financial institution. They used my innovation and this made a huge impact on their products. ( He talked about my innovation and Impacts on both business and environment)
  3. Founder of a global solar organization. ( He mentioned and talked about my innovation and impacts made to the business and environments)

Mandatory Requirement

1. High Salary. I attached my letter of employment. I compared my high salary to glassdoor and the technation medium salary in the city I lived here in the UK) - 3 pages ppt
  2. I attached articles written around data science. I ensure I put the links and also show the numbers of readers of all the articles I have published - 3 pages ppt
  3. I attached Tech Initiavties - I belong to a data Science society and also a data charity organization here in the UK. I attached pictures of myself mentoring and teaching various organizations on data (A letter of support was attached with this from the director of the Data Science society). I explain my role and how my role has made a great impact. ( A letter of support was attached with this from the director of the charity group) 3 Pages ppt
  4. A letter of support on a payment app portal I build from a customer( Founder of an organization) He talked about my work and impact. ( This is just a letter of support on the application build) - 3pages ppt

Optional requirements

1. (Proof of innovation) - I attached a document around a solar panel using my algorithms. 3 pages ppt
  2. (Proof of innovation) - I attached a document around a payment app portal 3 pages ppt
  3. (Proof of innovation) - Attached is a document describing my fintech startup 3 pages ppt

Note all these 3 I explained my role, what problem the innovation solved, my solution, technical details, diagrams, and business impact.

1. (Proof of impact) - I attached a document that talked about an impact made on a fintech app product build. 3 pages ppt
  2. Letter of support on the solar panel built using algorithms 3 pages ppt
  3. (Proof of impact) - Letter of support on a product but explaining the technical contributions and how it impacts it. 3 pages ppt

All 10 documents were attached.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

Hi Adeyinka,

Trust you are well.

My name is Ravi and I am working as a Test Automation Engineer in Kofax.com. I am planning to go for this Global talent visa but I have so many doubts and apprehensions about this. Can you please guide me if possible.