Please help me review my application for EP

Hi Everyone,

I recently heard about the good works of this forum. I’ve always been skeptical about applying for GTV because of my role as QA engineer. reason being that most of our impact/work are not always seen by the public. which might suggest lack of evidence

I am a QA engineer for 5 years now, and i want to apply for exceptional promise, i hope to get feedback that will help strengthen my application

Recommendation letter:

1. Letter from SVP engineering of my current workplace (Company X)
  2. Letter from head of product /VP in a place i worked (Company YZ)
  3. Letter from Head of product that has knowledge of my work for 2+ years

For MC:

1. A self authored note, explaining a new approach implemented by me as QA lead, a new way to properly track our automated and non-automated functionalities, which gave more visibility to the stakeholders and also helped the QAs to easily pick areas of focus, this helped increase the effectiveness of our automation framework by 27%.
  2. Reference letter by my formal Manager from Company XY backing point1
  3. Screenshots of my automation test codes and merged PRs for Company X (Current place of work)
  4. Evidence (teams chat appreciation) of being the first QA in Company X to run automated test on production, reducing post testing time by 60%

OC1: (Innovation)

1. Proof of products in the market (Company X), PRD, Test Plan and Test Cases of feature tested by me currently being used in the market (all the documents has my name in them)
  2. Screenshot evidence (an email) appreciating my work from VP of Company YZ)

OC3 (Impact):

1. Screenshot evidence showing a chart of drop in rollbacks for production releases in Company X
  2. Screenshot of a shoutout by a Dev to me in the company’s channel regarding my work
  3. Test Cases and Automated code screenshot of the product referenced by the Dev
  4. Letter of reference from the EM/PM speaking about my work and impact in the QA processes

I will really appreciate any feedback i can get.
Thank you!

This Criteria Checklist might help - UK Global Talent Visa TechNation Stage 1 Mandatory and Optional Criteria Checklist

2 Likes

hi @ivarlucas

i suggest adding 3 evidences of OC1; 2 might be not sufficient.