Need help reviewing my application (Exceptional Promise) - DevOps Engineer

Please help me review my application. I have heard so much positive information about this forum.
Thank you

MC1 - Evidence-1: Screenshots of AWS Infrastructure setup dashboard, database backup automation scripts, Jenkins pipeline setup and high-level AWS infrastructure architecture design. (Also explained my. role and impact)

MC2 - Evidence-2: Screenshots of Employment contract with higher salary compared to local salary structure and bank statements. (Glassdoor Comparison). (Als explained my. role and impact)

MC3 - Evidence-3: Volunteered for a hackathon open source project for social impact. Screenshots of emails invitations from project manager, team formation, project flyer, certificates (Also explained my. role and impact)

OC2.1 Evidence-4: Screenshots of Bitbucket profile of active participation in a collaborative Terraform project and code commits (Also explained my. role and impact)

OC2.2 Evidence-5 Contribution to the DevOps and Cloud community. Google analytics screenshots of articles/blogs written on personal website with over 6000+ user engagement, 4000+ page views. Screenshots of slack AWS user groups (shared cloud blogs and provide mentorship for upcoming cloud enthusiasts) with over 500+ members. Screenshots of AWS Community Builders slack channel with over 2000+ members. Screenshots of contribution answering questions from other CBS.

OC2.3 Evidence-6 Screenshots of GitHub profile participating in a collaborative project also share screenshots of code commit and screenshot of contributors. (Also explained my impact)

OC2.4 Evidence-7 Screenshots of Stack overflow profile showing significant contributions to discussions around DevOps tool (Keycloak, Jave, docker, kubernetes)

ОС3.1 Evidence-8 significant impact as key engineer at a product led company. Screenshot of product online and links to the product. Impact; AWS infrastructure setup, Jenkins CICD pipeline setup, code scanning tool setup (screenshots provided)

OC3.2 Evidence-9 Documentation on product design architecture showing my personal contribution to the project

LOR1 - CTO of my former company
LOR2 - CEO of my former company
LOR3 - CEO of my former company

@Francisca_Chiedu @pahuja

1 Like

Hi @lloydtheophilus

How many years of work ex do you have?

MC1: please ensure you use quantified metrics to show impact eg. In this case maybe #daily users, repeats, etc

MC3: not sure if this is a strong evidence. What did the volunteering exactly involve? Did you contribute significantly to an open source project? can you show compilation of code commit summaries, repo stars or metrics such as download statistics? If not then overall MC would be weak as salary document is considered valid but not a strong evidence. I recommend you have 1 more strong evidence in MC.

OC2.1: what is proof of your individual contribution and impact and not the teams as this sounds like a team project?

OC2.2: screenshots of Q&As and info sharing on groups is not a strong evidence.

OC2.3: same feedback as OC2.1

OC3.1: is this different example from your MC.1 evidence?

OC3.2: what is the proof of your individual contribution and impact beyond your own self-documentation? Any support letter?

1 Like

@pahuja Thanks for your response, below are my responses. Your input is much appreciated!
How many years of work ex do you have?
Ans: I have 4 years of work experience

MC1: please ensure you use quantified metrics to show impact eg. In this case maybe #daily users, repeats, etc
Ans: Not sure how I can provide metrics in this regard as this is the company’s Cloud Network Infrastructure for deploying software code and hosting application. I will be grateful if you can provide more clarification on this.

MC3: not sure if this is a strong evidence. What did the volunteering exactly involve? Did you contribute significantly to an open source project? can you show compilation of code commit summaries, repo stars or metrics such as download statistics? If not then overall MC would be weak as salary document is considered valid but not a strong evidence. I recommend you have 1 more strong evidence in MC.

Ans: This is an open source project. The goal is to develop an Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) model that will analyze historical data to identify patterns and trends associated with malaria outbreaks in specific regions in Ghana, analyze patients’ data to identify common symptoms and risk factors associated with late diagnosis, enabling healthcare providers to prioritize high-risk cases.
Unfortunately, I cannot get screenshots of code commits and repo stars due to organization restriction policy.

OC2.1: what is proof of your individual contribution and impact and not the teams as this sounds like a team project?
Ans: I have screenshots of code commits attributed to me and explanation of my role on the team.

OC2.2: screenshots of Q&As and info sharing on groups is not a strong evidence.
Thanks, I will work on this.

OC2.3: same feedback as OC2.1
Ans: I have screenshots of code commits attributed to me and explanation of my role on the team.

OC3.1: is this different example from your MC.1 evidence?
Yes, different evidence. Another Company’s AWS Cloud Network Infrastructure

OC3.2: what is the proof of your individual contribution and impact beyond your own self-documentation? Any support letter?

From the Technation guide, OC3 " * Documentation on product designs or architecture diagram clearly showing your contribution. Please ensure this evidence is no more than three A4 pages long and demonstrates your personal work, not that of the company or team of individuals;"
Ans: I have screenshots showing my work as the owner of the documentation. My emphasis is on “Please ensure this evidence is no more than three A4 pages long and demonstrates your personal work, not that of the company or team of individuals”

1 Like

You need to reduce self authorship of evidence and get third party validation of your significant contribution

2 Likes

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu Please are you referring to my evidence OC2.2?

hi @lloydtheophilus

the evidences can go up to 10 evidences so dont miss the opportunity by submitting less doc, if you have additional document that support your application, i would advise you add it

best of luck!

1 Like

@lloydtheophilus the main issue across your application is that you are using self-authorship of your work throughout. You need third party validation that what you are saying is your contribution and impact is indeed true.

You can add a few more support letters to support your claims. In addition, as much as any external links/code commits etc are attributed to you specifically and have your name mentions, that will help your case.

For showing impact, you need to show atleast some quantified metrics and not just qualitative words of impact: basis the usage of your project, you need to figure what specific metrics the work impacted and use them.

1 Like

The following evidence do not have third party validation such as reference letters and news clipping mention your name: MC1, OC2. 1, ОС3.1, and ОС3.2.

1 Like

Hi @pahuja most of the evidence provided have my name mention which show they are attributed to me.

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu thanks for your feedback. On the screenshots, all the evidence have my name mentioned MC1, OC2. 1, ОС3.1, and ОС3.2.
These are screenshots taken from my Identity and Access Management Account. Where I worked on tickets assigned to me.

You name maybe there vut an assessor may think you jist contributed,a reference letter may just explain more your significant contribution.

2 Likes

@Francisca_Chiedu Thanks for your feedback, I will get the reference letter. Now how do I add it to the evidence since each evidence should not be more than 3 pages?

Mapping your Evidence against this Criteria Checklist should help: UK Global Talent Visa TechNation Stage 1 Mandatory and Optional Criteria Checklist

1 Like

Thank you @Anurag_Singh