Kindly Rate My Profile

Hi everyone, thanks for the good questions and answers you all put out here. This forum has really been a huge motivation for me. Although, I am still going through the guide here TechNation Visa Guide, I am taking a bold step to send in my application. Kindly rate my profile:

Field/Domain: Mobile Developer (FinTech/Crypto)
Years of Experience: 3+ years
Applying For: Global Talent Visa under Exceptional Promise Route

10 Pieces Of Evidence
Mandatory Criteria

1. I lead the mobile development team to work full-time on a crypto exchange app. The company raised $4.2 million from VC with the product
  2. I helped set up the mobile team and app structure for a start-up. Also automated most app-related functions. Letter of employment and compensation. The company raised ~$500k
  3. Evidence of working on the first mobile-wallet app on the Chia blockchain i.e GitHub links & Reference letter from the CEO of the company. The project won a grant of $100k

Optional Criteria
4. Certificate from a hackathon organised by Facebook and UNODC where my team finished as 1st runner-up
5. Evidence of serving as a mentor to learners under the Andela Learning Community
6. Evidence of open-source contributions
7. Evidence of speaking at tech conferences

Personal Documents

1. Personal Statement
  2. CV

3 Letters Of Recommendation

1. LOR from the CEO(doubles as the CTO and I also report to him) of a crypto exchange company in Nigeria where I worked for 3 years
  2. LOR from the CEO(doubles as the CTO and I also report to him) of a fintech focused on cross-border remittances. I worked there for more than 6 months
  3. LOR from the manager of an open source project that I contributed to

What evidence are you submitting for the mandatory criteria? Which two optional criteria have you selected and what is your evidence fir each criteria. Are all your reference letters only from organisations you have worked with? Don’t focus on recommendation letters from your immediate colleagues. Ensure your recommenders state why you are exceptional and how you will contribute to the UK, ensure they cover things listed in the guide

1 Like

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu, thanks for your response. I am a bit confused as to what evidence to use for the mandatory criteria because I have a few that may fit well but would like to put in my strongest evidence. Kindly take a look at this arrangement

MANDATORY CRITERIA: Show they have been recognised as having the potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology field in the last 5 years

1. Certificate from a hackathon organised by Facebook and UNODC where my team finished as 1st runner-up. Backed by an online press release, pictures, code and a Twitter shout-out from the UNODC handle

AND/OR

1. Employment contract in a fintech where I was hired to set up the mobile dev team and app structure for a start-up and automate most app-related functions.

OPTIONAL CRITERIA

1. at least 1 example of proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field
    a. evidence of open source contribution to a project that won a hackathon and got a $100k grant
    b. Evidence of serving as a mentor to learners under the Andela Learning Community
    c. Evidence of speaking at tech conferences

2. at least 1 example of significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company
    a. led the mobile development team to work full-time on a crypto exchange app. The company raised $4.2 million from VC with the product. Screenshot of code contribution, reviews, issues, PR etc
    b. evidence of working on a mobile crypto wallet on a new blockchain that is environmentally friendly

I am open to re-arrangements if any of the evidence fits other criteria better

As from the LORs, 2 of them are from the top officials in the organisations I worked for while 1 is from an open-source initiative where I was 1 of the 3 top contributors

You need at least two evidence for the mad=ndatory criteria. I would suggest you add up to 4 evidence in the mandatory, and 3 in the optional criteria. This will make your evidence 10. The good side to providing the maximum evidence is that the assessor can substitute a weak evidence for an alternate evidence. If you provide just the minimum required, it may not be sufficient to pass you on all criteria.

1 Like

Thanks @Francisca_Chiedu I’ll work on your suggestion

1 Like

These are great achievements and you stand a good chance, but just telling Tech nation what you did is not enough, it has to be shown with evidences; Especially the evidences they mentioned and other strong ones that count. And as you show the evidences, highlight your own contribution to leading, creating or scaling, not just the company’s. Best of luck

2 Likes

Thanks, @Dee_E. Well noted