GTV Dependant's bank statement was requested

The NHS website has few bugs :

1. You dont have dependent : please go ahead as it is. Separate visa application need to be filed for your dependant. Me and my family are not in UK and in a same country, still we ended up filing 3 different applications ( i have 2 dependants incl a child)

2. NHS calculates fees from current month and not from your date of arrival. So you might end up paying more than what is required (depending on your case). Please check another thread where i have described the case.

I ended up submitting bank statement for myself and my wife. (separate accounts). I saw no harm in submitting it and i wanted to avoid un-necessary complications

@happysoul wahoooh that is thoughtful of you. I will have to submit one for my wife before the asked date 10 working days. Thank you very much.

1 Like

your case made me submit it, considering our situation is same. Otherwise i wouldn’t have.
Thank you for heads up :+1:

@happysoul It is good to learn from other people’s shortcomings. Awesome. Now we are also including proof of relationship such as pictures before marriage, chats, and other things.

yes you are right. I too submitted Marriage certificate for my spouse. Birth certificate for kid (even school assessment card). As i said, we just want to make it simple for consulate officer without any complications.

Your thought process is right.

1 Like

@happysoul @Toko @pete_rock @Afrasiab We got our visas, thanks guys.

3 Likes

Congratulations @sojo .

I am curious, did you end up submitting the bank statements?

It seems it should not have been required for you

@badesemowo Yes, we did. As the principal applicant and sponsor, I added a letter of sponsorship, and my bank statement.

1 Like

Congratulations and Thanks for update :slight_smile:
Still waiting for ours to come in. :crossed_fingers:

@happysoul Thank you best of luck too.

1 Like

Many many congratulations @sojo. 90 days vignette validity?

@Afrasiab Thank you very much, it is for 90 days.

Dear @sojo How long does it take from submitting your biometrics to getting your visa?

@Afrasiab my timeline

Endorsement Letter: April 23, 2021
Filled and submitted stage2 including IHS: April 26, 2021
Biometrics submission: June 9, 2021
Visa: June 25, 2021

It took 16 days to get the visa after submitting biometrics.

@sojo good. Best wishes.

1 Like

Hi @sojo, I have read through some of your comments on the forum. I have a question about my application (I am applying from Nigeria) and was wondering if I can reach you off this platform? Thank you.

Hi Tornike, just came across your comment. May I ask wat your response was to the email sent asking you for your wife’s bank statement (I assume you responded as you didn’t actually send the statement)?

Congrats @sojo . Did your wife submit your bank statement from the beginning, or did your wife submit it after she was asked to provide her bank statement?

@bd1076 Thank you, yes we did.