Good immigration advisor/solicitor for Stage 2 application

@chiamaka_okenwa @Maya I am sponsored on Tier 4 Student visa and not Tier 2 work visa (I am switching from Tier 4 student visa to GT visa). I did specify my student visa and BRP on the GT Stage 2 visa application while also providing the BRP as one of the evidences.

There was no mention of providing sponsorship letter from my University during my biometric appointment.

@NNN Thank you. Let’s hope for the best.

@Francisca_Chiedu @chiamaka_okenwa @NNN and @Maya I juste received an email from gov.uk. Is this the same decision (as shown in screenshot below) email you guys have got when you got your visa?

Sorry, if this seems very silly but I wanted to confirm as to why the ECS (Employer Checking Service) said that my visa application is rejected and then I receive this email?
Not that I am complaining now and I am happy to take the win but just wanted to confirm if this is the actual decision letter/email from gov.uk.

3 Likes

Oh My God. Im so happy for you @somdipdey
i was sure that you are the first to be received the outcome of your visa as other parties are not sponsoring you and there is no way to get notified before you do.

all the best and congratulations.

2 Likes

Congratulations! This is it, forget about the ECS, just wait for you BRP.

2 Likes

@Francisca_Chiedu Thank you so much for confirming. I also did a check on rights to work at https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work and this also says that I can work in the UK till 2025. A big weight is lifted from my shoulders now.

3 Likes

@Maya Thank you so much. I feel a bit relieved now. :smiley: Thank you for all the help and advise your have provided me through my application process. I really appreciate it.

3 Likes

Hi Francisca,
Just a quick clarification.
I am on Student dependent visa Tier 4 and recently got my endorsement as global talent.
I just paid my IHS fee and was redirected to pay for visa and the amount saw was ÂŁ167.
I thought I am supposed to pay for 3yrs ot is that amount meant for the 3years.

Kindly assist answer my concern.

Thank you

The amount is for three year. It is a “flat” visa fee. Even if you pay for 5 years, it is £167 for global talent recipient and £623 for dependants

2 Likes

Thank you for this @Francisca_Chiedu .

Apart from the BRP and Passport, are the optional documents necessary and what document can I upload?

@Dare_Ayanwale My optional document was the endorsement letter (as mentioned here: Good immigration advisor/solicitor for Stage 2 application) and I have still provided that to UKVCAS as part of my Stage 2 application. I think it’s better to provide more than less. So, use the document checklist from your Stage 2 visa application to provide all the documents that are mentioned.

1 Like

@somdipdey Thank you for this information. I will go ahead and upload the document.

Hi Dare, I’ll like to clarify this please.

Can I be on a Tier 4 (Student Visa) and apply for the Global Talent Visa while I am still studying? I can apply for both the first and the second stage while in the UK before my studies ends?

@Oluwole I applied for my Global Talent visa Stage 1 and Stage 2 when I was studying for my PhD and didn’t complete the viva yet. So, yes, you can apply for both the stages as a PhD student if you can prove in either Exceptional Talent or Exceptional Promise category with your evidences.

2 Likes

Hi @Oluwole , Yes you can apply for both stages while you are studying. Just get all your documentation reasy for stage 1 and submit.

3 Likes

congratulations! @somdipdey

1 Like

Thank you @Afo :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think @chiamaka_okenwa is talking about a financial sponsor for studies (e.g., a scholarship provider). I haven’t started stage 2 yet, but I believe this requirement is mentioned in the required documents: https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/documents-youll-need-to-apply

You can also see it here:

This requirement is also there for the graduate visa: https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/documents-youll-need-to-apply

@chiamaka_okenwa Did you submit the letter? According to my university, we need to provide the letter if the sponsor is a government or an international scholarship agency (e.g., the British Council), but it is not required in the case of a university.

Hi Pratik,

I won one of the “prestigious/eligible awards” on the UKVI list an can directly apply for Stage 2. I looked at the UKVI global Talent guidance saying : “If the applicant has, in the last 12 months before the date of application, received an award from a Government agency or international scholarship agency covering both fees and living costs for study in the UK, they must provide written consent to the application from that Government or agency”

My funding is split between my university, covering tuition fees and a foundation paying living expenses. None of them cover both and aren’t governments or international scholarship agencies (the foundation is international and a nonprofit organization). Do you think I will need consent letters from them?

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback!