Global talent visa evidences sharing, co-founder+data scientist

Thank you all the member here. I have learn alot from this forum. I want to share my experiece as a reference in case someone in a similar potition would find it useful.

I submited on 9th of Nov and received Global Talent endorsement on 22nd of Nov after two edits.

My background is a tech startup co-founder and lead data scientist. To cover different aspects, I anchored my LoRs in three groups:

1. C-level person in digital tech startup,
  2. Super senior person in my previous companies
  3. Established data scientists

I got in touch with many of each group. Furtunately got three letters from these three groups each.

Personal statement

I would suggest leave personal statement as the last step after gathering all the evidences. In the statement, only mention the contributions that can be proven with supporting evidences.

I made a mistake starting the process from this piece. It can diverge and sounded loose without other evidences. It’s so painful. I made more than five versions of it and all in vain.

Everyone is in different circumstance when applying GTV. I have been in the UK for around 5 year (on and off) when I apply. Therefore, I put focuses on:

1. Why I am want to stay in the UK/London. 25%
  2. My contributions so far. 30%
  3. My future plans 30%

I also briefly mention my initial jourey to the UK(5%) and my professional background (15%) (Mater degree ad the relevent paper and patent) to add some credibility showing I am competent for what I am planing.

MC

Evidence 1: reference letter from another CEO of a matual startup. Explain how he sees my leadership and prefesional skills shape this company.

Evidence 2: 2 incubator invitations + reference letter from one of the program director

Evidence 3: Innovate UK grants proof (an email)

Evidence 4: co-founder agreement + option valuation.

I chose the OC1 and OC3 to showcase my two roles, co-founder and lead data scientist.

OC1 “How do I demonstrate that I have a proven track record or examples of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept?”

— These three peices focus on innovation and market traction.

Evidence 5: Doc. Detailling the current problems in the market and how I address these issues differently with machine learning tech. Also, show the impact the the industry. + some screenshots of my solutions.

Evidence 6: contract of the solutions and the value sum. Showing the market really needs this solution

Evidence 7: One client testimony. explain what are the unique differences between my solution to other solutions in the market and how these uniqueness benefit her comapny.

OC3

“How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company*?”***

— Focus on tech development impact and leadership (team & biz)

Evidence 8: Dev record including tech stack structure, screenshots of AI modelling and menagment and how a lead team member to work on different projects.

Evidence 9: letter from current CEO, my cofounder. From her view, explain my tech dev contribution and how these tech become powerful solutions and how they impact biz strategy.

Evidence 10: the conference paper in the previous company (2014 I still put in), the patent in another previous company.

Some takeaways:

1. Always explain why put it evidence in the beginning of the doc.
  2. Each the evidence should stick to 1-2 highlights of the section and try to prove them from different views.
  3. Personal statement should wrap all the evidence nicely including contribution, plans, soft skils and proof of track.
  4. Hyperlink to person, company, or details info. Make it easier for panels to verify or get more info.

I hope it’s helpful. good luck with everyone’s application!

I am now waiting for the decision on stage 2. wish me luck :”)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Do you put hyperlink embedded on text or hyperlink that can copy and paste directly?

Hey @Felicia_Xiao, I used both formats. Most of them are embedded.