Does getting shortlisted for a prestigious tech award count?

Hi,
Does getting shortlisted for a prestigious award count under MC criteria - You have received nationally or internationally recognised prizes or awards for excellence specifically in the digital technology sector, as evidenced by the award itself, reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your achievement, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence. The reward is not actually received.

There are news clippings available for the shortlist.

Thank you!

Not getting the award might affect your chances; even just mentioning it could be used against you by the assessor unless you have received other awards.

2 Likes

I would say it depends a lot on what else you are planning to submit. If its a really poplar award, even a shortlist might be considered to some degree. Ofcourse having the award is ideal. I would try to map as many possible evidences to this Criteria Checklist: UK Global Talent Visa TechNation Stage 1 Mandatory and Optional Criteria Checklist

Thank you for your insights @Mors_E and @Anurag_Singh.
There is no other evidence under the award category. The shortlist I am referring to is under Tech Women 100 by ‘We are tech women’ in UK.

According to the Tech Nation Guidelines, it states that: “…received nationally or internationally recognised prizes or awards…”; this implies that only awards that have been received/granted can be used as evidence. If you intend to rely on such an award under the MC criteria, I recommend holding off on your application until the award has been officially received to ensure compliance with the Guideline.

1 Like

Thank you @May @Mors_E @Anurag_Singh for your valuable contribution.

1 Like