Would photos of wet signed LoR/Reference Letters work?

Hello,

I am wondering if getting photos (in high quality) of wet signed LoR/Reference letters from my referees would work. I might have to use photos of letters for some referees who are not very familiar with DocuSign or do not want to bother with scanning. Therefore, I wanted to consult with you.

Thanks.

Does the photo include their letter head to verify that the letter was signed on letter head?

Hi @pahuja

Is letterhead mandatory in general for TN?

Some of my referees are in career break. that’s why i don’t think they’d be able to use a letterhead.

1 Like

All LORs need to be on letterhead along with contact details as per TN guidelines. It will raise questions on authenticity if a letter is just plain signed, right?

A one-off is ok in support letter - but having more than 1 such letter and especially LOR is a risk to the application.

The company’s logo should be on the letter as well as company’s address, not necessarily an official letterhead.

If the letter has the following conditions yes, you can also use something like CamScanner and upload the image to get a better output format.

• Be typed and dated
  • Be up to 3 single sides of A4 paper, excluding the author’s credentials and contact details
  • Be signed by the author, or by someone on behalf of the organisation recommending you
  • Include a telephone number and email address, and the organisation’s logo and registered address, if applicable
  • Come with the author’s CV (or other proof of their credentials that the endorsing body will accept)

If your skeptical, you can also use DocuSign for them to sign it digitally as well just in case. I did that for all my letters.

I used 3 LoRs through docusign - none of them had company letterheads or logos on them. They did have phones and emails for the persons writing the letters.

The wording in the guide supports this, logo are only needed if it’s applicable and your referees are on a career break.

• Include a telephone number and email address, and the organisation’s logo and registered address, if applicable
2 Likes