Hi guys. I am close to submitting my application for talent. What I have been wondering is the SOP storyline. What am I supposed to communicate to tech-nation?
- I know that I have to talk about why the UK will benefit by having me and my contribution towards UK
What else do I need to talk about? My LORs have gone into detail about the work I have done. So definitely a summary of the work I have done takes up some of the SOP but other than that no point in repeating what my LORs state
Should I also explain my evidences? Something like “For MC1, you can see that I have attached so and so evidences etc”. Make it like a guide for the evaluator to go through.
Not really sure what the theme of the SOP is.
Your personal statement is unique to you, so I don’t expect folks to recommend a story line. Your personal statement should cover the following, however you can summarise you background and achievements in a paragraph. No point repeating things that are already in your LOR else it may be assumed your recommenders just copied what is in your personal statement. I believe the key pointers Tech Nations suggested should give you almost 1000 words.
- Why do you want to come to the UK?
- What is your planned occupation in the UK?
- Which region or city of the UK are you planning to live in?
- How will the UK digital technology sector benefit from your work? (Examples of this might include the technological advances you will bring, the creation or new markets, the planned growth of a digital technology company, the activities you will take part in outside of your direct occupation.)