What counts as a "recent evidence"?

On one hand, all evidences must be <5 years.
On the other hand, its not advisable to use “recent evidences”.

Do you have an estimation as to how recent can a certain evidence be so as to safely qualify? Any approximations will be super helpful. Thank you!

P.S. I plan to apply in June 2024

Requesting help from @Francisca_Chiedu @May @ask4jubad @alexnk
Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve seen other people mention 6 months as a reasonable age for evidences. Though if you happen to have a evidence that you can’t control the date on, like a speaking engagement in a conference, I think it’s safe to include it even if it’s less than that

1 Like

I think it is best to use an evidence that’s about a year old or more. Importantly what they look at is the overall strength of your application. Someone with other strong evidence may get endorsed with a recent evidence if it is just one off. The whole idea is to discourage people from just gathering evidence for the sole purpose of applying for global talent.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

To me, in addition to just demonstrate that you have achieved in the past x months, it is also important to show that you have been continuously trying to achieve what you are trying to claim. @cosmic.wilderness

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

@cosmic.wilderness It’s really not about the recency, rather than the sustained leadership as mentioned by @alexnk. Have you been continuously recognised as a leader/promise in your field?

For instance, if you have evidence from 2020, 2021, 2022 (Jan, April, July), 2023 (May, Dec) then this shouldn’t be a problem. If however, all the support documents are from October 2023 till date, then you know that’s suspicious.

2 Likes

Yes, @Ask4jubad answered as succinctly as possible. Ask yourself a question: would you believe yourself that all public “traces” are not artificial? If the answer is “probably yes”, then you have done everything right.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

1 Like