UKVCAS Appointment

Hi, I just got endorsed for Global Talent after 2 weeks of submitting!

For Stage 2, I’ve uploaded the necessary documents on the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services site (ukvcas.co.uk), and am trying to book an appointment. However, when I search my postcode, none of the listed sites have any appointment slots available for the foreseeable future. Do you recommend I just keep refreshing and checking this site? Is there any way to be alerted when a slot opens in London or easier ways to book?

Note: I am switching from a valid (not expired) Tier 2 visa to the Global Talent. Is an in-person appointment still needed?

How long is it taking others during this time?

Thank you.

Congratulations!

Do you recommend I just keep refreshing and checking this site?

Yes

Is there any way to be alerted when a slot opens in London or easier ways to book?

AFAIK, No

Is an in-person appointment still needed?

Depends. Some applicants last year were invited to use an app to complete the process, but for most others it was an in-person appointment. I had to go for one too.

How long is it taking others during this time?

Don’t know about now. Took me a month last year in September.

After you have completed application on the website, the 3 months clock you have, stops ticking. You don’t need to be anxious about this stage.

1 Like

Hi,

I recently got endorsed under Exceptional Talent while I was on valid Tier 2 visa.

Here is my stage 2 timeline,
Endorsed on 3 March
Submitted biometric on 31 March
Received email from Home Office confirming successful application on 7 April

Waiting for BRP, should receive in 7 working days.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @muditash, glad after the appointment it didn’t take long! So at the appointment, they take your old BRP and mail you a new one? Do they take your passport also?

They didn’t take either in my case.

You will receive instructions after the appointment on what to do with the Tier 2 BRP.

UKVCAS appointment window open every day at 9:AM BST, you can check around that time to book appointment