UI/UX Designer/ Design Tutor Endorsement

Hello @Aisha_Akinwumi,

Congratulations on taking the first step on the GT Visa journey.

According to the Tech Nation guide, from a first-level standpoint, you would be eligible under the technical skill Experienced UX/UI designers. So, my recommendation in this regard is to not apply as UI/UX Design Tutor, rather as a UI/UX Designer.

Second, regarding if your achievements count as evidence, I would say it they do but the question remains if they are sufficient.

In addition, note that recommendation and reference with respect to Tech Nation’s guide are different and would ideally serve different purposes. To that, I’d say, you should still use Ref 3 and Ref 4 from the list that you have mentioned (one that can speak to your activities on a more continuous basis for >= 12 months and the other as reference for Optional Criteria 1 or Optional Criteria 3).

So, here’s a proposition regarding how I perceive (not an authoritative evaluation):

Compulsory documents

A. Curriculum Vitae
B.1. LOR1 - The CEO of the company I currently work for, who is currently based in Canada.
B.2. LOR2 The Founder of the organisation that organised the bootcamp I participated in, who is also the VP, Product design at Trulioo in the U.S.
B.3. LOR 3 The CEO of the Pharmaceutical company I designed an e-commerce product for, which was to enhance sales of their goods.

Mandatory Criteria

C.1. Reference from Senior Designer I worked with when participating on a project
C.2. Proof of 2 times salary increase and current “high” salary proof.
C.3. Recognitions at bootcamp
C.4. Staff of the year award
C.5. Strong academic achievements (if available)

Optional Criteria 1 or 3

(this depends if you want to show impact of innovation - I would want to believe your work as tutor is more impact related and so OC3 should apply)
C.6. (Preferably) another letter from CTO of current work place describing work as a lead designer and tutor
C.7. Sample of projects/designs especially those that have been deployed in a live environment (e.g. e-commerce product in B.3.)

Use C.1. again here

Optional Criteria 2

C.8. LET’S GET MENTORED (what about? who benefits? how many people have benefited? etc.)
C.9. Create additional document identifying students that you have helped and are now doing fine on their own.

Use C.3. again

I hope this gives a bit of perspective. In general, always note that the assessors may be looking for something different from what you intend to portray. So, be sure to look through the forum and see how people have gathered their evidences. You can then frame yours accordingly.

This example here really goes deep into the topic (although they applied as a leader):

1 Like