This company qualifies under “digital technology sector” or “product-led digital technology companies”

“Work at specific agencies may be considered if the agencies are extremely focused on product innovation in a specific industry and are well-recognized for their contributions to that industry.”

What do you mean? This company seems to be a product led company. Does Tech Nation consider it as an Agency?

Hi @zamana

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are right, Tech Nation considers it as general consultancies, outsourcing, and technology-related consultancy groups/agencies. How can I overcome this situation? What kind of proof can I show to states that this digital company comes under “Work at specific agencies may be considered if the agencies are extremely focused on product innovation in a specific industry and are well-recognized for their contributions to that industry”.

Secondly, I have worked for one of the verticals of siemens as a data scientist. That company’s primary revenue source is not coming through digital products and as per the Tech Nation feedback, they are considering that company.

I have worked for both digital and non-digital companies as a data scientist. But Tech Nation is considering non-digital company experience and not considering digital company experience. I am very confused about it.

The non-digital company is a world leader with revenue of over 2 billion dollars. They are considering it. There I helped them build data products for internal workflow automation at scale. Please advise on it.

Secondly, I am planning to apply again. In mandatory options, I am planning to choose two criteria. I have some doubts about it.

1. “You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work.”

Do I need to have an additional letter apart from the letter of recommendation for this criteria? Please advise. If yes, who can write this letter again CEO/CFO or somebody else? or Can I refer letter of recommendation for this criteria?

1. “You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.”

What is the definition of high salary for this criteria?

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi @SSingla I don’t understand why Tech Nation did not consider this company a product led. If this company is outsourcing those IT solutions then may be they have a point. The products they are selling should also belong to the same sector you are applying to.

Your referees need to affirm your claims in their letters. You also need to provide evidence for your salary.

Hi @zamana thanks for your reply.

I have 3 referees who are writing a letter of recommendation. But for this criteria, do I need to find 4th referee to write a letter of reference. Please advice. Or Can I refer to the letter of recommendation for this criteria? Please advice.

"You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work.”

The point of having referee is that, they should endorse your skills based on the projects/innovations you made along with them.

Does investment in medical device/ biotech etc qualify as digital tech OR TN is highly fixated on the term ‘product led digital tech’ and the lifesciences companies should have an AI/ Ml angle. Would investment in highly disruptive drug molecule be acceptable?

So long as you can show contribution in “digital technology” in a medical device/biotech product company (and not a biotech outsourcing/consulting firm), I think you should still be okay.

Would investment in highly disruptive drug molecule be acceptable?

I am not sure what part of “investment in highly disruptive drug molecule” is considered as evidence in digital technology. TechNation is focussed on building UK talent in the field of digital technology - so that’s what they are going to endorse on. If you are doing exceptional work in pharma field, with no connection to digital technology, then you are probably better off exploring some other visa route.

Hi @Shreeniwas_Iyer

Please can you help with your usual insightful advice on my application rejection situation as I prepare to do an appeal - Just got a "Not Endorsed" feedback but the explanations look like they didn't go through my evidences ?

Thanks.