Switching to Global Talent from within the UK processing time

Hi everyone,
I’m switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent from within the UK. I just received my endorsement and have a few questions about the timeline for Stage 2 since I have some upcoming travel and want to make sure I get my Stage 2 visa approved before my travel starts.

• Has anyone used the 5 working days priority service? It says the processing is guaranteed within 5 days of the biometrics appointment. Is there any way to see the availability for biotmetrics appointment before submitting the Stage 2 application?

• Does the 5 working days include the amount of time it takes to receive the new BRP or is that extra time that needs to be factored in?

• If I already have a BRP do I need to attend a biometrics appointment?

• I have already been in the UK on Tier 2 for 3 years. Is there any way to apply immediately for ILR? I’m assuming no and that I to request at least 1 year period on the Global Talent visa, and then before that expires, submit a new application for ILR.

Any other tips for Stage 2 from within the UK is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Take a look at the Reddit r/ukvisa thread. There are many exciting stories there.

The long story short - it is entirely unpredictable. This may end up five months, not days, even on super-priority. It is better not to plan anything. Anyway, I think £500 for priority is worth a chance getting a decision within five days rather than six months.

About the last two questions. According to the Indefinite leave to remain if you have a business, investor or talent visa article:

You also need to pay £19.20 per person to have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken.

You may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain if you have one of the following visas:

• Global Talent

Time on other visas
If you have a Global Talent visa, you can include any time you’ve spent on the following visas to meet the requirements for time spent in the UK:

• any Tier 1 visa - except Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
  • Tier 2 (General) or Skilled Worker

So yes, you must take a fresh photo for a fresh BRP (two times, one for GT, one for ILR). And it looks like you can apply for ILR immediately after receiving your brand new Global Talent BRP.