Stage one evidence gathering

Hi guys please i would love to confirm,

1. If a leader has left a company and needs to recommend for me, would they use the current company logo, or would have to get the formal company logo to use on it?

2. For the contribution on GitHub on overview on GitHub it shows “contribution” a contribution made by myself alone on a personal project would that fly or it have to be a contribution that involved about two or more people?

3. For OC1(proof of product in market and associated traction through revenue.) As a software QA can I show the Postman test snippet of my involvement in an application that led to the company getting high revenue ?

4. For MC(individually, assessing the work of others in the same field or a field of specialization related to the digital technology sector.) can i show screenshots from Slack on one or two individuals I assisted and also informal assistance from WhatsApp?

Thanks

1. I believe the company logos are less critical than the contents of the letter. Make sure it spells out your contributions.
  2. What criteria are you submitting tis to?
  3. OC1 is innovation. Can you show how you innovated the product to grow it’s revenue?
  1. OK thanks
  2. for “Your GitHub profile demonstrating active participation in a collaborative project” - i have a contribution on github for a private project i did can this fly
  3. Yes i was the QA that tested a web app for payment of international fee

@hsafra

Are you able to demonstrate your personal innovation in this QA role?

yes @hsafra .

Just to add as well for the IHS fee can it be paid yearly or must be paid for the whole five years at once ?

When applying for Stage 2 you get to choose how many years do you want to apply for the Global Talent Visa. You can choose a number between 1 and 5 years I think. Then you pay the IHS fee for the number of years you choose.

If you choose 1 year then after 1 year you can renew your visa for another 1 year, 2 years or any number of years you want.

Please guys for the criteria that says

Starting or contributing to open source projects in a way that has been acknowledged by peers as advancing the field

1. Open source project i worked my self that are made public do they meet this criteria ?
  2. How do i demostrate - in a way that has been acknowledged by peers as advancing the field***?
  3. What amount of contribution can be seen to be enough ?

Please some help me with this

1. Yes, so long it advanced the field and been acknowledged by peers as such. A personal project with no recognition won’t suffice probably
  2. GitHub stars, project being used in the market (e.g in big companies), media buzz around it, to be honest can be anything - but you bear the burden of proving it.
  3. Depends on the essence of the contribution - it can be a one off thing that changed the world which will probably count, or a track record of you making contributions as big as only fixing typos in documentations, which will be harder to argue advances digital technology field.
1 Like

I have gathered all my evidence to apply as a software tester. Please assist by sharing your thoughts :pray:

1. MC1- * You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.
  • I led the successful testing and deployment of a dispute management system for a West African country that has an impact on revenue this led to a full partnership with the company and the African country ( with newsletter link)
  • I led the successful testing of a dispute platform in my country by NIBSS
  • Successfully tested some back-end services, test cases, API workspace as well as a pipeline for CI/CD
  • I would get a reference letter, and I have got screenshots of me and the team, API workspace, Bitbucket repo, testcase and bug I created on Jira
  1. MC2 - * You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.
  • I have screenshots of two of the companies i worked on, pay slip, and a contract letter, all converted to pounds showing I earn way above average
  1. OC1- Proof of e vidence of innovation/product development
  • I worked as a QA for a company, and i was the dedicated tester working with an agile team and tested a fee payment mobile and web app end to end, the first of its type in my country. This was posted on various news letters and platforms.
  • screenshot of the team, my test case showing bug report and task, my postman workspace with test sccript, UI test environment, The apps key metrics, including phase 1 go live showing my name and that this was deployed as well and a vote of thanks from PM and my convo with the dev ( screenshots)
  1. OC2 - Proof of product in the market and associated traction through revenue.
    I worked as a QA and a data analyst and researcher for a company that deals with billboard advertising and has an app for logistics and consignments. I gathered information through research for the company to aid decision-making and created data analysis in Excel. I tested the company’s app, and with my effort, the company’s revenue has increased by over 100%.
  • Reference letter from the CEO
  • Screenshot of me on the company website showing me as a data analyst and research
  • Screenshot of the apps quality score and bug report made available for them to see with a link
  • screenshot of the data analysis Excel sheet i created
  • Postman workspace, the app on Google Play and the landing page, and screenshots of revenue traction for some months.
  1. OC3- ***Proof of significant technical contribution - company 1
    Here i mentioned some of the tasks i had worked on that were impactful both compliance and general.
  • screenshot of a virtual card task i worked on impact was complaince and security
  • Screenshot of a platform optimization task on notion docu
  • Screenshot of APi workspace and succ test script i created for about three projects
  • Screenshot of other documented projects i worked on
    -Reference letter
  1. OC4- ***Proof of significant technical contribution - company 2
    I worked as tech support in this role. My job was to resolve incidents via jira task creation and create workaround.
  • Reference letter
  • Screenshot of confluence page showing an automation I suggested and in use.
  • Screenshot of an SQL script i optimized showing results from db.
  • Jira ticket assigned to me i worked on and closed.
  • Screenshot of postman API workspace and test script i wrote
  • Screenshot of Grafan dashboard idea i initiated showing visual info
  1. OC5- * Starting or contributing to open-source projects in a way that has been acknowledged by peers as advancing the field

I have started some open source projects and pushed them to my GitHub in 2022 with some of them getting acknowledged with about 5 to 6 stars from peer, i have also made a couple of pushes this year and got some stars.

• Screenshot and link to my git hub account (morganzee (MorganZee) · GitHub) showing the repo
    The screenshot of my contribution for 2022 about 42 contributions and the same for 2024 atm about 30 contributions so far
  • Screenshot of two code snippets of my open source project

Pleas kindly review and give me your thought. Thanks

@itd @promisingtalent @Francisca_Chiedu @ask4jubad

Hi guys please can someone assist me with this

Please can anyone assist me with this

You didn’t arrange your evidences correctly. It seems you have OC1, OC2 and OC3 evidences. You only need to choose any two of the OCs.

from what I have read on this forum, your MC seems weak. You should have up to 4 evidences in MC.
I think you should re-arrange your evidences first.