@Shreeniwas_Iyer Thank you for answering my questions. It’s super helpful. So you just uploaded scanned PDFs for passport and residence permit in their portal only? What did you have to submit when you visited the visa centre? When I made a UKVCAS appointment, I got an email with the following message. The only thing you submitted at the visa centre is QR code?
3-4 days sounds quite fast without using priority service, but that’s a good news for me (hopefully it will be this fast for me)
You must bring the following to your UKVCAS appointment:
- The attached confirmation notice containing the QR code for each group member. If you don’t bring this, we will not be able to process your application.
- A passport/travel document for each applicant. (If you don’t have one of these, you must bring alternative ID). You will need to show this for entry to the Service Point. (‘Offline Applicants’ must bring the letter from UKVI).
- All your supporting documents. You do not need to bring these if you have already uploaded copies online. (‘Offline Applicants’ see information below).
Important information about your UKVCAS appointment
- Arrive at your appointment on time. Do not arrive early as you cannot wait inside due to COVID restrictions.
- Only bring applicants named on the booked appointment with you. Other people are not allowed into the Service Point (see FAQs for very limited exceptions).
- The responsible adult named on the application must be the one who attends the appointment with any young/minor/vulnerable applicants and must bring ID.
- Follow COVID guidance. See ‘Important information about your UKVCAS appointment’ on our Service Status update here.
If you have received this email on behalf of the lead applicant, make sure you share this information and all attachments with them immediately.
Keep all your original supporting documents as they may be required by UKVI at a later date.
Applicants that have made a paper application directly to UKVI (‘Offline Applicants’) must send all their documents to UKVI. You do not need to bring them to your UKVCAS appointment.