Stage 2 Application Query

Hi everyone,

I recently got my Stage 1 endorsement. I will be applying for Stage 2. I am an Indian citizen living in the USA for the last 5 years. I was on a student visa since the last 5 years which expires in June, 2024.

In USA, proof to stay and work is through a document called I20. I am admitted to an online school now which allows me to continue working in USA for 2 more years. It will show validity from June 2024 to June 2026. But, my visa on the passport will be expired since I can only get it renewed after going back to India (that doesn’t impact my current stay and work eligibility in USA).

My questions are:

1. Does the home office accept such above stated residence permit proof or they only accept visa stamp on the passport?
  2. Would it be better to apply from India? In Stage 1, I listed my correspondence address in USA since I have been here for the last five years.

If you can apply in India then go to India to apply. It is more straightforward. If you have to apply in the US then you must show documents that you have rights to remain in the US. It is not about what you have in your vignette but the documents you have to show you are legally in the US

I ended up applying from the States as I have been here for quite some time and had visa. Got my stamp recently.

Thanks for all the help.