Stage-2 Application guidelines and time limits

Hello everyone,

I’m thrilled to share that I recently received my Stage-1 endorsement for a Global Talent Visa (DigiTech) and was pleasantly surprised by the swift 10-day processing. I’m planning to write a detailed post about my application experience and strategies soon.

Currently, I’m residing in a country(Outside UK) that isn’t my permanent home, and I have a few questions about the Stage-2 application:

1. Could someone clarify the process for the Stage-2 application and whether the 3-month validity of the endorsement refers to the filing date or the date by which the visa must be issued?
  2. Once I receive the visa, am I allowed to travel to collect the BRP? If so, what is the timeframe for this?
  3. Due to my children’s ongoing education, I’m not looking to relocate to the UK immediately. Is it possible to obtain the BRP and move permanently at a later date? If yes what would be the time limit?
  4. Is there a way to delay the Stage-2 application until I’m ready to relocate?
  5. Lastly for the last 6 months I have lived in a country that doesn’t need a TB certificate but my own country is listed in the countries which need a TB certificate. What should I do?
    Any guidance or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  1. Endorsement is valid for 3 months since its issue date, so you have to apply for the vignette during that time.

2. Yes, you have to do it within 3 months since the receipt of the vignette.

3. Endorsement is only valid for 3 months, if you don’t apply for stage 2 within 3 months, you have to get a new endorsement.

1 Like

Congratulations…
this good news

you’re correct !!!

Endorsement is only valid for 3 months, if She doesn’t apply for stage 2 within 3 months, she’ll have to get a new endorsement.:face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Stage 2 - Application for Visa: Tech Nation is not involved in Stage 2 - you must apply on the official Global Talent website within 3 months of receiving your endorsement from Tech Nation (failure to do so may result in your endorsement no longer being valid). The Home Office consider immigration aspects, such as general grounds for refusal, and if you are already in the UK whether you are able to switch into Global Talent. This stage usually takes up to 3 weeks if you’re outside the UK, and up to 8 weeks if you’re inside the UK.

Congratulations. You can apply for visa within three months. In you application state the future date you plan to move to the UK. For instance, if you apply for endorsement today and you are asked when you plan to arrive the UK, you can state December 2024. This means you can only arrive the UK from the date you state in your application. If you have the right to apply in the country you reside in, if you have lived there for more than 6 months then you don’t need a TB test if it is not a requirement in that country but you must provide evidence that you are legally resident there.

Thanks all for the response and it is very helpful.