Stage 1 waiting times?

Congratulations @afnankhan

I got endorsed for Exceptional Promise and here is the breakdown of my timeline

30th of May: Application sent
June 20: I got an email that they couldn’t find my application and I had to rectify that by sending the reference number on my application as a response to them.
June 26: First edit
June 27: Second and Third edit
June 28: Fourth edit
July 1: I got Endorsed

I am grateful for this community and I am happy to give back.

Link to how I prepared my docs:

2 Likes

Hi @Tolulope_Ogunjuyigbe. Congratulations to you and well done for all the great work you’re doing in your field.

Meanwhile, this thread currently has 1,800+ comments, so if I may suggest, kindly post your application breakdown on a new thread so it can be easily accessed by new joiners or other members who may not know how to navigate the platform. Cheers.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I just got endorsed today(i only got one email?). The edits don’t matter I had over 6 edits. Here is my application. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back. Thank @Francisca_Chiedu your help in the arrangement was amazing.

5 Likes

Congrats @Ndubueze_Precious :ok_hand:

Congratulations @Ndubueze_Precious super happy for you. Are you already in the UK?

Anyone on this forum who submitted their evidences in July 2024?
If you hear any news on your July application, do keep us updated. Best of luck, everyone!

I have submitted my application on 7th of July.

So far i can see just 3 edits.

First edit: 9th July 17:35 PM
Second edit: 10th July 19:15 PM
Third edit: 13th July 21:09 PM

No edits afterwards still waiting to hear from them.

Finger crossed. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No. But I’m in Europe.

My partner applied Jul 9, no edits and its been 2 weeks. finger crossed.

1 Like

Hi all! Thought I would share that my appeal was successful! Thanks so much @Nat and others who has taken the time to give me feedback and guidance.

Would definitely love to help anyone in their appeal if they have any questions.

So glad I can move on now :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratulations @itsmevaleriegan !!

1 Like

I just got rejected for OC3, but met MC and OC4.

OC3 is rejected because they are saying the company is not a Product led base company. I am really disappointed. My company website is more of on Hardware integration, Designing solutions, web development. However my company is really a product led digital tech company and on our facebook page we have our both products. What should i do now ?

Although on my performa they said yes for everything. I dont understand this.

My company is a product led digital technology company for OC3 they mentioned it is not.

And for OC4 the reason of rejection is not clear here. Can someone please help ? @Francisca_Chiedu @pahuja

Personal Statement:

My personal statement highlights my journey in the digital technology sector, showcasing my achievements and struggles from the very beginning. It culminates in the development of an AI-based technology at my company, aimed at empowering disabled individuals and what i am doing in UK and my aims related to digital Technology sector with in UK.
CV:
MY Resume, Linkedin and Personal statement and Recommendation letters are all aligned with my evidences.

3 Recommendations:

1: CEO/Co-founder of Tech Company where I worked 2 years.
2: CEO Of another Tech company where I worked for 1 and half year.
3: CEO of Tech company where I did internship for 1 year.

Mandatory Criteria:

1: Recognized as a leader in Generation Unlimited youth challenge bootcamp 2021 in Pakistan organized by UNICEF for innovation specifically in Digital Technology sector.
*I discussed how i led my team in this bootcamp and how i made possible to develop this Technology in just 4 months. I mostly concentrated on writing algorithm for this technology which is backed up by my Co-founder and CEO of my company.

11 teams were chosen from all across Pakistan from total of 450 teams and I was one of them and the national winner of Generation unlimited bootcamp.
Screenshot and link of Generation Unlimited published an article highlighting my successful prototype of AI based technology with my name. Taking about how I led my team and developed this prototype.
*Screenshot and link of UNICEF Article Published with my name and innovation.
*Screenshot of me Receiving award and seed funding from UNICEF Officials with certificate and my name mentioned on their website.
Screenshot of email conversation with Generation unlimited officials and selected for 6 months free incubation.
Letter of support from Generation unlimited Director, highlighting my contributions.
Letter of support from 3 teams who were a part of that competition discussing how I helped them in brainstorming Tech ideas for Generation unlimited event.
2: My Degree, Educational documents and Certificates that i received.

Screenshot of my Masters degree in International Business management with data analytics.
Screenshot of my Bachelors degree in Computer science.
Hackathons winning certificates screenshots.
3: International And National Recognition 2019:

Discussed my startup Etutie and AI based smart education system selection in Incubation center in my country.
Screenshot of successful implementation of our solution provided based on crowd sourcing, Attached linked to an article. I was selected in case study youth challenge 2019 with my team representing etutie, where we won that case study for one of the biggest tracking company in Pakistan.
Screenshot of receiving award. Won another national award for project exibition out of 350 teams from all across Pakistan representing my startup Etutie.
Letter of support from the manager of my incubation highlighting my tech contributions.
Linked attached of my name in my university report 2019 highlighting my name and my team’s name of winning several competitions.
Screenshot of selection in International conference Thailand for project exibitions.
Screenshot of conversation with officials of thailand conference, Screenshot of invitation with my name. Screenshot of certificate that i received.
News clipping. One of the biggest channel in Pakistan. I discussed about thailand conference and the technology that we have developed with official authorized translation.
4: Growth of school of Leader Foundation NGO (Tech Based) 2022
*In 2021, School Of Leadership Foundation chose me from all over Karachi to facilitate other young entrepreneurs for 10 days facilitated program as a representative of Generation unlimited to find individuals from around the country to generate solutions under the broad theme, Alleviating Lives of People and the Planet. Through my leadership, I reached out to many individuals and played a vital role to demonstrate the importance of improving the lives of people and the planet and encouraged them in brainstorming new ideas.
By the recognition of this I was also chosen to provide tech courses to individuals. In 2021, I provided 2 months of detailed C++ Programming courses to orphans and gave them motivation for digital excellence and how they can be successful. One startup from the same group was selected for the Generation unlimited 2021.

Screenshot of Email conversion with the officials of School of leadership foundation regarding the facilitated program and whole agenda.
Screenshot of me giving insights to youth in different universities for the 2022 bootcamp with link to booklet.
Screenshot of me giving Tech education to orphans and link to video of empowering them.
Link attached to their testimonials with authorized language translation.
Letter of reference from the director of School of leadership foundation.
Optional Criteria 3:

1: Key Engineered Product in 2021 with My company.

I discussed the two products that i led and developed. I wrote the algorithms one of the AI based technology helped us secure UNICEF Funding mentioned in MC1.
Architecture diagram with discussed all the algorithm flow that I wrote for both technologies.
*I had some extra research in this technology which was not done before so i discussed that with screenshot and existing researched as well (Although this could be used in OC1 but I had things to backed up my impact.
Another Biggest Channel news clipping of mine where i was discussing that how i wrote whole algorithm and where can this technology be used in future. Screenshot of News channel as 4rth largest news channel in Pakistan
*Screenshot of impacting 2 disabled individuals and empowering them with these technologies and link to a youtube video where those individuals were talking that how this technology has changed their life.
Screenshot of Unicef Article talking about Usama, who is disabled and was abled to do regular task with this technology and mentioned my name.
Screenshot Usama sent me a letter of support that how i helped him with this Technology.
2: Letter of Reference from my CTO discussing my role and one of the product which brought a lot of sales and as a leader my technical contributions and impact.

3: Screenshots of My company Revenue showing continuous sales of product and my statements.

Optional Criteria 4:

1: Research Publication in a peer reviewed Conference in ICEET by IEEE in 2023. This research was based on Digital tech on Artificial intelligence and this contribution was very significant since this was never done before.

2: Evidence of Presentation certificate in Peer reviewed Convered in IEEE 2023.
*Screenshot of conversation with IEEE Officials.

3: Letter of Reference from my research supervisor. who mentioned my continuous academics contributions and what impact did I bring through AI technologies and discussed about my research publication and its academic impact. Also she discussed that i helped her in her Biggest Journals publication in AI. Attached with her resume.

i am looking forward to hear from you

Amazing, super happy for you! :orange_heart:

1 Like

I think you can appeal the decision. Are you a technical or business applicant? if you are a technical a[plicant, you can argue that non-technical applicant working in non-digital tech company are eligible. you can also further clarify how the company is a product-led company based on the definition in the guide.

I am a technical applicant but i am not sure how to proceed since i have met all the criteria but just this product led base company thing has really ruined. Would it be appropriate if i highlight this arguement by saying Technical applicant from non technical organizations are eligible? Secondly on my website hardware integration is also mentioned and on the tech nation guide it says Hardware/servicw/software develooment are eligible.

@Adeelawan12 you can appeal the decision and highlight a list of points that demonstrate it is a product-led company and that hardware engineers are eligible as per TN guidelines.

I see your OC3 evidence talks about your company product sales - is this the product you developed for the disabled that’s mentioned in first evidence of OC3 (you showed two products you developed)? Please highlight the same in your appeal on the product sales and exactly what is that product, how it’s a tech product which your company has developed and sells. Is this product not mentioned on your website?

Your OC4 is also flagged in feedback : the evidence looks fine from what you have shared…how are you planning to appeal this?

Hi @pahuja my OC4 is approved it does meet the criteria. Only OC3 is flagged because of product led company otherwise my evidence for inpact and products are intact and they are accepting it. I have shown them two products and they are hardware products however those products were not on website since our website is under development so we had our previous website version live.

Secondly our facebook page is focusing on hardware integration and is clearly demonstrating that we work on hardware. Reviewer didn’t bother to see facebook page. If he had seen it he would nevee reject for this reason. Both projects are based on AI/Machine leadning and both are innovative. Along with that i was mentoring final year project so we use to develop different AI based technologies with different people.

The only thing is since pur website is under development and this was the previous version that is live right now. But the products are not on website but they are on our facebook page for a long time. What should i write in that case ?.

One more thing is they are talking about school of leadership foundation. I never mentioned this in OC3 this was in Mandatory criteria which is accepted. Because the award that i won from UNICEF was actually organized by School of leadership foundation on the theme Innovation. Why are they discussing this in OC3 and saying its nit a product led company when even this was in MC and already approved ? Is this a mistake from their end that the assessor misjudged on this ?

And it is mentioned in the guide that technical applicant form non technical organization are eligible how can i link this with my argument?

Sorry I misread on OC4

Did you provide link to Facebook along with screenshots? is your Facebook page a company page and the description mentions the product?

1. In the appeal you should highlight that it is evident on the Facebook page by directing the assessor to check it.
  2. You can mention your website is under development but if this is your main product and not on your website, it does look like a doubt on assessor end. However you should re-iterate this, mention that your website does mention hardware integration which is eligible, re-highlight product sales - does the sales snapshot clearly mention the sale of this specific product or is it generic sales that can also be understood as a a sale of service?
  3. If you position as non-tech organization then you are disproving the above point that your organization is actually product-led.

I didn’t provide the link for the facebook at that time and yes it is a company’s page

However the youtube video link that i mentioned in OC3, it is clearly written in the video description that the product is from The Techrotics lab.

Can i give facebook page link along ? Or new evidences are not allowed ?

Is there any chance to win this arguement ?