Stage 1 waiting times?

congratulations. Is it very usual for people who apply for talent to be endorsed for promise even if they have much morethan 5 years experience(e.g >= 8yrs)? How many years of experience have you got?

Got email around 22:00 yesterday, it’s a NO, to be honest I don’t know who my case officer is, it appears like it’s just a random no.

evidence was marked as been insufficient: for instance I added my

1 M.Sc in Computing Distinction,
2 Evidence of speaking in an international conference,
3. 1 publication and
4 Letter from M.Sc research supervisor as just optional Criteria 4

I have a Fintech startup company running in the UK, and all didn’t just meet up with at least a criteria.

I’ve got a permanent job in the UK salary of 68k

Another publication in the field, thou less than 6months. E.t.c

I don’t even know if review is worth it, considering the 31st March announcement

I applied for Promise as I only have about 2 years of experience.

For answering your questions, I don’t think it is usual. I only have seen cases of 1. someone who applied for Promise has less than 5 years of experience and got Talent and 2. who applied for Talent with less than 5 years of experience and got Promise.

There are might be some exceptions though.

Why not create a new post and share the reason for denial so people can assist you? I think you still have enough time to appeal or even re-apply.

2 Likes

I feel your pain @samright. Create another thread, and I am sure people will assist you.

I see a lot of inconsistency with Tech nation. I am still waiting for an update from them. One of my friends got a rejection yesterday night at the same time. The annoying part was that this was his 3rd application, and he was penalised for OC3. You know what? :smile: :smiley: The two previous applications passed him for OC3 and faulted him on MC. Yesterday, he got MC and OC2, and they faulted him on OC3. He did not change anything. You know If you want to re-apply, you will concentrate on the once you were faulted. Now he got MC, and the one he was never faulted with was flagged.

I give up on the assessors; so much irregularity.

Another friend got his appeal rejected two days ago. He was given MC and OC4 and faulted him on OC3. In MC, he had 3 pieces of evidence 2 were faulted and one passed him. In his review defence, he focused on OC3. could you believe that the almighty assessors left his appeal without addressing it and tackled him on MC he was passed and failed him. Inconsistency, anyways their assessment is subjective.

Please don’t give up. Go for appeal, It cost nothing. You have a Job, a good-paying one.

All the best.

1 Like

@Grace, thanks, I just did.

1 Like

This assessor’s job is the type I would love Artificial intelligence (AI) to take over :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: : smile.
At least, once the box is ticked, you pass to stage 2 rather than subjecting candidacy to prejudice which is subject to his feeling, bias etc. I feel like saying bigotry, but I don’t have any evidence. As for irregularity, YES.

1 Like

Just thinking aloud, I added two master’s degrees in Computer Science and Cyber Security, one from Africa and another from the UK, (both distinction) and this was their response to it:

For OC4, university degrees and attending courses are not eligible as evidence for OC4. this one got me worried to be honest

@samright, please create a new thread and if possible tag me and I will respond to this. You may want to tag @Francisca_Chiedu , because she is well experienced . I agree with them assuming that’s the only thing you provided for OC4

Still waiting and even reaching out over email asking for a status, but no update so far…
Submitted: Feb 26th
First Edit: 16th March
Second Edit: 17th March
Third Edit: 19th March 19:50 UTC

Applied on March 12th, got endorsed today March 24th

6 Likes

Congrats … Talent or Promise.

Thanks! Applied for Exceptional Talent and got Exceptional Talent

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that recently people are endorsed fast and rejected slow, perhaps due to the up coming changes. Hope someone here can prove me wrong, otherwise I’m probably heading for a rejection :sweat_smile:
The wait is excruciating…

The wait is extremely excruciating. I refresh for edits every 30 -60 mins .

2 Likes

Congratulations @Nicola_Croce

I activity try to avoid it :grin:
I also reduced my participation in the forum for the time to allow myself to disconnect from it all.

Try to keep yourself busy. If you do not have much work to do set target to see application on specific time interval. For example every 3 hours and increase time span. Read motivational books/videos…This will keep you away from worries. Believe it or not but it’s true what ever is happening or will happen is always for a good reason.

1 Like

when did you apply for yours?