Stage 1 Mandatory Criteria Review

Hi. Following is the list of documents that I have prepared for Mandatory Criteria:

1. Reference Letter from Co-Founder stating how I led the Data Platform, impact on company’s business and my contributions that led to company raising $3M.
  2. Private Repository commit contributions graph to show I was the main contributor.
  3. Screenshots of Github PR history. Created over 200+ in last 18 months.
  4. Media Link to company raising $3M.
  5. Contract stating my High Renumeration. Proof of Earnings document too.
  6. Architecture Diagram of the central component of our platform that I designed.
  7. Business Growth internal chart showing how over last 18 months the company grew. The same chart was pitched to convince investors.
  8. Screenshot of List of Technical Documents / Strategy Documents that I created along with their dates.

All these docs have been endorsed and signed by the Co-Founder validating their authenticity. These documents have been collected to show myself as a lead / key engineer and build a relationship between my contributions and our company’s growth.

Request everyone to please review this. Thank you!

Your input would be really appreciated. Thank you!
@Francisca_Chiedu
@Chaitanya_Bapat
@alexnk

@Salman_Nauman

-What is your role?
-How many years have you been in the field?
-Are you going after OC2 and OC3? Can you separate the evidence for each MC and OC separately?

@alexnk Thanks for the response. Yes, I have OC2 and OC3. I’m still collecting the documents but wanted to get confirmation on MC first. OC2 I have speaking and international AI program mentoring experience. I can get certificates and reference letters.

• My current role: Lead Data Engineer (Leading Data platform)
  • Over 6 years of total experience
  • Yes. Those will be separate. I can shared details if you want but they haven’t been collected so far.

As a data engineer, I also included a screenshot of the data warehouse size. For example, I demonstrated how the records grew in the data warehouse from x to y and also presented the corresponding percentage increase during my employment

@moorjaniajay How can I do this? Screenshot of the data platform / database?

Yes I took screenshot of BigQuery table record count.

I can see that you should have a good list of evidence. @Salman_Nauman

For OC3: Try to make sure that you also provide the evidence that show your contribution toward those company’s achievements.

I think you should list your evidence based on the criteria you are selecting that way we can give better feedback on your list of evidence.

@moorjaniajay Ok thanks
@alexnk Sorry, I didn’t get your point. Do you think that my MC evidences are good enough?
@Francisca_Chiedu yes, following is my 2 criteria for MC:

• You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.
  • You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.

Sorry, I made you confused. I think this evidence seems to be good in overall, but it still needs to be arranged into MC, OC2, or OC3 for better understanding.

But from this list, I just want to suggest that it may just lack of how you interact and contribute to those successes. OC3 is about the impact you made to the company, which requires the evidence and reason to influence that you made a big impact, not just you are in a team/company which is successful. That’s my point.

this may not be sufficient. Do you have other recognition for your work?

@alexnk Sorry If I confused you a bit. The evidences that I have shared are solely for MC and not for OC2 and OC3. I have a separate list of documents for OC2 and OC3. Currently, I wanted to get feedback on these documents for MC so that I can decide whether should I go ahead with collecting OC2 and OC3 documents from my employers, etc.

@Francisca_Chiedu Unfortunately, no. What are the possibilities? I mean I led a team and was a core engineer in a startup that raised funding, onboard enterprise businesses, made strategies that led to business growing. I can’t think of any other evidence. we don’t have any media reference except the news that we raised funding. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you!

Leading a team does not make you an exceptional promise/talent in this visa. You need more evidence. Usually you should try to include them at the same time. The more you can include will be able to know more about yourself and arrange them in better ways, therefore these will not be sufficient then. @Salman_Nauman

Got it. However, this is one of the criteria for MC:

• You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.

It clearly states that you need to have had led the growth of product-led digital company, product or a team inside a digital technology company. Now, in my case, I am a technical person (Lead Data Engineer) and I designed a lot of core modules that are responsible for the platform that we have today. And that platform is responsible for onboarding businesses and later raising funds. Indirectly, I have contributed to my product company’s growth and all of this is stated in the reference letter.

Something that I’m trying to understand is that how can a purely tech person meet the 1st example criteria for MC (that I have shared) and prove they led the growth of the business? Thank you once again!

@alexnk