Hello good people,
I currently live and work in Nigeria, I found out about TechNation a year ago, and I’ve spent the last 6 weeks collating evidence for my application, I would love feedback on my application for the exceptional promise route, I have about 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (I started working as a Senior Front-End Engineer last December).
Application Category: Exceptional Promise
- Personal Statement up to 1000 words, I spoke about my journey from getting to use a computer for the first time, my childhood, struggles in uni, and breakthrough into tech, and startup I built with challenges faced.
- CV: I listed all my experiences so far
Question: Can my CV be less than 3 pages? I don’t have up-to a 3 paged CV, also where does LinkedIn come in? I’ve found cases where people suggest LinkedIn as part of the Personal Documents Evidence
- RL1 is from the CEO of a company I work for in Germany, it talks about my Impact on the team, what I build currently and how the UK digital sector would benefit from my talent. (1 paged)
- RL2 is from the CEO of another company I currently work for in Nigeria, who happens to be on the Forbes 30 under 30, and talks majorly about my interest in innovation and entrepreneurship. (2 paged)
- RL3 is from the CTO of a company that I haven’t directly worked with but the CTO can vouch for my technical abilities. (1½ page)
Question: What is the proof of credentials that is expected by the endorsing body asides from the authors’ CV? Can the author talk a little about their-self on the first paragraph or add a link to their LinkedIn profile, Likewise none of my Recommendation letter is more than 2 pages, is this fine?
- Evidence 1: You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services, as evidenced by commercial or employment contracts with salary information including any bonus and equity options and history of earnings.
- I currently work 2 jobs and the sum of my salary places me as one of the top earners in my region as suggested by Glassdoor/Payscale
- I’ve attached a screenshot of my contract letter from both companies
- I have Stock options and Equity in one of the companies and I attached as one of the evidence
Question: Am I allowed to add 2 jobs so as to boost the salary? Also, can I just attach a portion of the contract that reflects the take-home salary/stock instead of the entire contract
- Evidence 2: You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.
- Letter of Reference from Previous Company: The letter confirms my impact on the development process of the application, and my role in leading the building of the application from scratch to MVP, to Sale, It shows pictures from the Demo with attendees, Pictures of me with other engineers and news clippings about the app, also attached are some links to videos surrounding the app.
- Evidence 3: Outside of your normal day-to-day job role, you led or were a significant contributor to a substantial open source project, as evidenced by compilation of code commit summaries, repo stars or similar metrics such as download statistics, where possible.
- Open Source Contribution: Screenshot of 2 Repositories that I’ve contributed to with more than 200 GitHub Stars
- A web3 community that I’m actively involved in, with 1000+ members, I helped in building the website for the community and I also work hand in hand with the Founder, (Screenshot from the Discord, Website Contribution on Github
- An App I built alongside some Engineers from India, App was ranked app of the day on Product Hunt, and got accepted to Ycombinator. Unfortunately, I don’t have screenshots of my Github Contribution as I exited the Organisation before now. ( Can I include a link to the Product Hunt and App Demo or Screenshots from the Code I have available )
- Another startup I joined as a Founding Engineer
- How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?
- Attach links to technical articles I’ve written dated from 2019 on Medium, Hashnode and My personal Blog with a total viewing of 20,000
- Letter of Support from a youth Global Organization talking of how I led the Branding and Tech team during my time there, (It’s a non-technical NGO I don’t know if this suffices)
- GitHub account showing consistency in Code commit over the past 2 years
- Letter of Recommendation from the COO & Co-Founder of a FinTech in London that I briefly worked for Last year, he talks about my skillset and my impact within the team, and my interest in innovation as well. ( I built a Model for the Company that’s still being used till today, attaching a Screenshot of the Figma Screen and what I built for the team along code snippet )
Question: Can I get letters written for different evidence/purposes from the same person
I’ll like to know If I stand a chance, or if there are areas to work on before sending in my application as I feel so nervy about this, any form of advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!