I got my feedback from Stage 1 and did not receive an endorsement. I met 2 of the 3 criteria but I fell short with the optional category of " innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept"
I am a full stack software engineer for a blockchain company, so I didn’t think innovation would be too hard. I included evidence of the following:
- my research in decentralized governance / blockchain
- proof of fundraise (company valuation of over $10+ million dollars)
- evidence of my company in the news and gaining attention for the work we’re doing
Effectively, this is where I think I messed up. I had included an updated offer of employment with a high salary (6 figures) from a company that I am working for part time (which I was previously at full time but moved to the UK on a tier 2 visa so had to go part time until I can sort out this tech nation visa). In the letter, my employer states that this will be upon approval of tech nation visa. Therefore, the reviewers could not determine our contractual relationship and the examples I provided did not count towards it, which is unfortunate as they were key to my application.
The reviewers also stated that my impact at my companies is not in doubt (very strong in fact), but none of my letters spoke to my innovation.
I have a few questions:
- What are the best ways to demonstrate innovation in this application?
- Would it be best to get another supporting letter of rec that only speaks about my innovation in blockchain?
- in order to demonstrate a clear contractual relationship, what should I provide? I have an equity agreement and a previous employee agreement, but at the time my salary was lower since the start up was bootstrapped with very little funding and I didn’t think this would help my cause. Would it be best to get an employment letter from the blockchain company to confirm our relationship?
- Is it worth getting a review? Or should I just re-apply? I know you can’t change any evidence and I don’t know if I can explain our contractual relationship in the review form or if it’ll make any difference if I submit the same evidence?
All help is appreciated!