I submitted my application on April 1 and it was rejected after three weeks. I strongly believe there was an oversight. Even though I mentioned that I started a startup company in my personal statement I didn’t select options related to it because I didn’t have the required evidence. However, the response I got clearly shows a different response.
Documents I submitted:
Mandatory Evidence submitted
- Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about the applicant related to the applicant’s work in the digital sector.
- You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services
- You have held or held a significant expert role in assessing the work of others.
Optional Criteria 1
- Documentation on product designs or architecture diagrams clearly showing your contribution
- Evidence of GitHub account that contains lines of code
- Evidence of commanding high salary and employment
Optional Criteria 3
- Evidence of at least one significant contribution via publication
- Letters of support
- Evidence of awards received for outstanding applied (PhD)
- Evidence of awards received for outstanding applied work
Tech nation response:
The applicant has not met the criteria for exceptional Promise. Whilst the applicant is a strong AI & ML researcher at the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, the applicant has not provided evidence proving him to have the potential to be a leader in digital technology. Whilst his research and peer-reviewed work are plentiful, he does not have a public profile, has not spoken at tech events, and has not provided evidence on mentoring. Whilst the applicant started a business and has 2 clients, evidence of its commercial success or technological contributions has not been provided.
OC1, example of proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation has not been met. Whilst the applicant has strong Github contributions (46 repositories, 130 stars) it is not clear that this has been created beyond the applicant’s occupation as a researcher.
OC2, 1 example of exceptional ability in the field by academic contributions has been met. The applicant has provided evidence of one publication authored by him 5 years ago in 2017 (6 citations) and has provided citation links. He has also provided evidence of his peer reviewed documents and his 9 publications
I am preparing the appropriate response to the issues raised in my application and I would appreciate any input or advice on how to go about it.