Stage 1 & 2 Submission with Current Visa Expiring

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re well!

My current visa is expiring unfortunately early August, so does the contract with my current company. I’m aware that if I submit stage 1 and 2 at the same time before the expiration date, I should be eligible for Section 3c leave with an extension of my right to work and my company is willing to extend my contract to cover that as well.

I would love to know whether anyone has done the same and how did you prove your right to work during this period?

I also have two questions regarding visa appeal:

• Are we allowed to submit a new visa application if the appeal for the previous application of the same visa has not been decided yet?
  • How does the appeal work out for visa application to Stage 1 and 2 at the same time? Will that be an appeal for both stages too?

Any information related will be appreciated! Thank you!

You can just show your employer evidence that you have applied for a visa to extend your stay. To proof your right to work, your employer will most likely use the online ‘Employer Checking Service’. This is different from the standard right-to-work checking service. It is specifically for employees who cannot show their documents or online immigration status because they have an outstanding visa application with the Home Office.

This is not immigration advice, best to ask an immigration lawyer.

I did both stages together and the employer should be able to issue a right to work check through something called ‘employer checking service’ to prove right to work during an active visa extension.
As far as I know, any new visa application submission will render the previous one void, even in appeal. If your stage one is rejected, stage two will be automatically rejected too and you will be given a certain number of days to leave the country. This is of course not immigration advice, please talk to a lawyer for that.

Thank you Francisca, that’s really helpful! I would sincerely appreciate your advice on my application as well here in the other thread I created.

Thank you! Do you probably know if stage 1 is rejected and the applicant decides to submit an endorsement review, what happens to the stage 2 application? I understand it’s rejected as well but should the applicant appeal it as well?

You need to seek immigration adviser in this

1 Like

Thank you Francisca, will do!