Software Engineer seeking advice and review regarding exceptional promise

Hello everybody,
i am preparing to apply for the tech nation exceptional promise endorsement as a software engineer of 3.5 years of experience worked at company A,B full-time and company C part-time, below are the points i am presenting as evidences

Recommendation Letters:
1- letter from CTO of company B, he is also a researcher and phd holder.
2- letter from co-founder and CEO of company C.
3- letter from a lead/senior software engineer i worked with for more than 2 years.

MC (mandatory criteria):
1- i wrote about how i led the development of three products of company B showing how product one was shortlisted as top 9 startups in GITEX Global which is a global tech event where those 9 startups won a shared prize of value 1 million dollars, i also provided screenshot of article showing this and shared links in the reference section i have at the end of the document.
2- reference letter from general manager of company B strongly stating my role in the growth of the company and also my impact on the products i mentioned above.
3- evidence of how my salary is higher than the average of software engineer in my country, also screenshots of pieces of my contract showing my salary and compensation.

OC 1(optional criteria 1)
1- i wrote about my role as a software engineer at company A which is a FinTech company and how i led an initiative where we developed a solution that set the company a head of its competitors in the country, the solution helped landing a good offer of partnership from a big company, i also explained how i led the development of that solution.
2- letter of reference from the IT manager from company A clearly stating all the things i mentioned above.

OC 3 (optional criteria 3)
1- i wrote about my role in the development of a large scale product of company C, the product has more than 1 million download and 4.5/5 rating in google play store, also wrote about a solution i solely developed for the company that tackled a big challenge.
2- reference letter from my product manager who worked at company C the same product i mentioned on the above point stating my contribution to the product and company.
3- employment contract with salary information

Question: what could be a sufficient evidence for OC 5 (Be at an early stage in their career)?

@Francisca_Chiedu @Sajjad_Bagheri_Baba @kokomansion @Chaitanya_Bapat @Mideade @artkulakov @May kindly give your comments, i am very appreciative

OC1: you need to prove that you were “an employee working in a new digital field or concept?”
Is this innovation yours? Can you prove that it’s a new concept?

isn’t FinTech considered a new digital field? because its mentioned here

FinTech is a digital field, but as an employee you need to prove your individual innovation to the field, not just that you worked in a company.

If you are an employee working in a new digital field or concept, this must be clearly demonstrated, for example by providing a patent application (patent should include verifiable ID on Google Patents).

ok, i get it now,
what are your thoughts about OC 5 (Be at an early stage in their career)?

Usually it’s a tech career shorter than 5 years.

do think it would be a wise decision to switch from OC1 to OC5, and would my evidence then be considered a valid one since the are not giving any examples nor guidelines for OC5 like the others

@alexnk could you kindly give your input

״Be at an early stage in their career״ is not another optional criteria - it’s what sets apart the requirements for EP & ET.
Exceptional Promise still have the same 4 optional criteria, just with less stringent demands

You do not have sufficient evidence to meet the criteria. Most of your evidence are reference letters and self-authored.

what would you recommend i should add to strengthen my evidence

ok, got it
thank you

in case the company does not have a patent, could using screenshots from a world-leading innovation ecosystem development organization website listing the company’s product in their testimony be enough instead of a patent?

That’s not enough. What is novel about the product, you need to demonstrate that you are working in a new digital field or concept.

2 Likes