Should I visit UK after passed stage1,2 ASAP?

I have been successful in clearing stage 1 of my Global talent VISA application,
I am contacting you to ask about the folllowing situations.

(1) I have passed stage 1, but I am currently working in Japan and it would be difficult for me to travel to the UK immediately even if I get approval.
2. do I have to physically go to the UK as soon as I get my VISA?

I have read around the above with reference to here, but do not understand it clearly,

I would be grateful if you could provide me with some information.

Hi @Allen03

The page above that you referenced is not currently relevant to your situation. It’s about ILR eligibility, ILR is what you can get after being in the UK for 3 or 5 years after to obtain permanent residency.

Your Stage 1 endorsement letter is valid for 3 months, as per the Guideline: Tech Nation Visa Guide - Tech Nation

So you must apply for Stage 2 within three months, and after you obtain your Stage 2 you will get a 30 days vignette in your passport that will allow you to travel to the UK. You will need to arrive to the UK within those 30 days and obtain your BRP (Biometrics Residence Permit) from Post Office.

After which you will be free to leave the UK without limits, however if you leave the UK for too long, you might not qualify in 3 years (if applied for Global Talent - Talent) or 5 years (Global talent - Promise) for Indefinite Leave to Remain if you were absent from the UK for too long. For that you can reference the ILR page you referenced above

Adding that you can set the start date of the visa to be in the future when you apply.
That can help you align the visa dates to your future travel dates.

Hi everyone

Thank you for your help.

Additional questions.

I was endorsed 26th January 2024, then I applied stage2.

About stage 2, what is the complete description?
After paying IHS and should I book biometric etc appointment until 26th April because endorsement will be expired after three months?

Like I replied on the other thread, I wouldn’t risk it and try to get the bio meeting before the 3 months end.

You can apply for your visa and select a future date of entry. For instance if your plan is to be in the UK is December 2024 then state it in your visa application.

I really appreciate it your all reply.

I filled up

Planning to visit UK April 2027 *because I need to save money in Japan before back to UK.

Should I book appointment to provide fingerprint etc…?

Best,

April 2027 is three years from now. I would advise against it. You should aim to enter the UK in 2024.