Should I collect new BRP or replaced eVISA?

I’ve approved GTV 24th April 2024 and I was planning to collect BRP card untill vignette will be expired, but when I checked the UK gov office announcement, the BRP card will be replaced eVISA.
I’m confusing whether shoud I need to collect my BRP card or is it possible to apply eVISA?

It is great helpful if you have any advice,

Best Wishes

I think if you have received the vignette you will need to collect BRP. But I would love to get more insights as well - I am applying for extension in a month and also hoping I can get eVisa directly without having to collect brp.

I think it’d be best to collect the BRP. You need a BRP number to create a UKVI account which is where you’d apply for an eVisa.

It does have an option of passport number if one doesn’t have a BRP. Can that be used to apply for eVisa and not collect BRP?

1 Like

BRPs expire on Dec 31st of this year and will be replaced by the e-visa. If a BRP has been issued to you, you need to collect it and be prepared present it at the border every time you return to the UK from travel (even though I find they rarely ask for it). I’ve never heard of anyone on the GTV not being issued a BRP.

For the e-visa, you’re supposed to receive an email from the Home Office by EOY with the instructions for how to create a UKVI account. I was able to create an account today and receive e-visa here: Get access to your eVisa - GOV.UK. You need your BRP number to do so.

My son has a BRP waiting for him, but I was able to create an eVisa account using his passport. At some point in the process, I think I needed the application (GWP) number. A google AI search says he does not have to collect his BRP since he has the eVisa and was able to get a share code for his school. We’ll ask the school if they think he needs to pick up the BRP.

2 Likes