Requesting Quick Advice for Spouse Visa

Hi everyone,

I am applying to the first stage of the Global Talent Visa application; they now ask for relationship status in the first stage. My partner and I are getting married on 8th September; we both live in the UK and she has been living here for the past 7 years. We hope that she will be able to shift to the dependent visa when her current visa expires. I wanted to ask what I should do:

• should I wait until 8th September to submit the application so that I can put my status as “Married”
  • should I submit now and submit with “Single”
  • should I submit it now and submit with “Married” since by the time I receive the endorsement from Tech Nation, I will be married.

I have put together my full application with all the evidences and I am ready to submit; but would love to get your feedback on this. My current visa expires on 1st November, 2023; and my partner’s on 26th December, 2023.

Cc’ing @Francisca_Chiedu @afolabi @alexnk @ask4jubad @007; thank you so much for your help!

Best Regards,
Leo

I would go with the current situation. Then on the stage 2, you can put your status to “married” as per the situation.

2 Likes

Submit your application now. Get that in the bag. Getting the visa for your dependent is very easy and straight forward as long as you have enough evidence that you have been in a relationship for a while.

1 Like