Hi all! I’m a Senior Product Marketing Manager for a large software company in the US. I have been working for the same product-led company since college, 5 years ago. I am extremely passionate about moving to the UK, so I really want to put my best foot forward on this application. My company has thousands of employees, and I am pretty confident that I will be able to show innovation and impact, but I could definitely use some help!
I am applying for the Exceptional Promise route. I haven’t seen many Product Marketing Managers (PMM) in this forum, so I wanted to ask for a review on my application. Below is the evidence I have as of now, but I am open to any feedback and suggestions!
Letters of Recommendation
- Director of Product Marketing at my company: This is my current boss who has been with the company for 20 years.
- VP of Product Marketing at large EdTech company: She used to be my boss but changed companies 2 years ago.
- Senior Product Marketing Manager at very large tech company: He used to be my colleague but left a year ago, he has 15 years of experience in the industry.
- Proof of Salary and Job title: I can prove that I have doubled my salary since joining my company 5 years ago, received 2 promotions, and received a high amount of stock over the years.
- Proof of leading marketing efforts: Proof and messaging source document I created to show led the marketing of our flagship product rebranding. I also have a reference letter from a former colleague who is now a Senior PMM for a large tech company to corroborate my evidence.
- Proof of speaking at a high-profile digital technology sector event: I have screenshots of the session listing, event size and demographics (over 2000 attendees), and photos of me speaking to a 60-person audience about the products I market.
- Proof of growing my team: I have proof of a large internal meeting I created and lead to get 200 internal stakeholders to understand product changes. My boss’s recommendation letter also confirms that I am the PMM team lead for my product.
Optional Criteria 1 (OC1)
- I led the marketing efforts for industry-first innovations of optimizing unified communications apps inside of our flagship product: I have the patents tied to this innovation (but I did not make the patents or technology), I have videos and blogs that I solely created showcasing these innovative features in action and the thousands of views the acquired.
- I co-led the marketing efforts for the first-of-its-kind virtual browser inside of our flagship product: I have the patents tied to this innovation (but I did not make the patents or technology), I worked directly with the Product Manager to ensure that the features fit with customer needs. I marketed the capability internally and externally through blogs.
Optional Criteria 3 (OC3)
- I have made a significant contribution by delivering industry-leading blogs: I have emails and dashboards to show that a handful of my blogs drove over 5000 prospects, the SEO keywords attached to them rank in the top 3, and my blogs drove 8% of the total conversion of all the blogs on the site.
- I have made a large impact with my quarterly What’s New content and launching major releases: I have proof of delivering 6 product releases and leading webinars that drove millions of dollars in pipeline.
- I have made a large impact by giving customer presentations on a global scale: Proof that I have participated in, or spoken at, 8 industry trade shows globally. I will show that I gave multi-day customer presentations in South America that drove thousands of dollars in Marketing Influenced Pipeline. I also have a reference letter from a former colleague who is now a Director of Customer Success for a large tech company to corroborate my evidence.
My biggest questions are about the innovation (OC1) section. Can anyone from non-technical backgrounds give me advice on the innovation section? I am still looking at my options and projects to make the section stronger, but any feedback or advice would be great.
Thank you all for the help!