Reference letters from none tech persons

Good afternoon blessed people.

Please I have gotten my complete 3 recommendation letters and my 2 reference letters from 2 digital technology persons. Now I have additional 3 reference letters from none digital tech person and 1 from the Head ICT in my agency where we provide software services. He is not a developer. He is in charge of the IT unit administratively and technically.

Based on the change log of November 2022 as seen below, will I be penalised if I submit the reference letters from none tech person???

*Added note to clarify that any additional letters of reference submitted as evidence will be expect to be from digital technology experts that have known the applicant’s work for 12 months or more, and also that providing letters of reference alone as evidence for meeting criteria is not sufficient.

Thank you

Hi @mnwuzor

There is a Red Flag out there. How many reference letters are you planning to submit? You cant depend on reference letters only and submitting them solely for any criteria will not be sufficient as you highlighted already from the guide!

Thank you Maya for your response.

I am not submitting references only. I have screenshots and demos of the products.

The additional 3 references are from my clients that are using the products. They wrote the reference with focus on the software product and other digital services that has been rendered to them.

1 Like

How are you planning to distribute those letters among your application?

1 Like

Each each reference will be linked to the product description in my Optional Criteria evidence. Below each of product discretion I will add link to the letter.

I have 4 different software products that are being used by each of them.

So what do you suggest please???

1 Like

Should I remove them or leave please :pray: :pray: :pray:

Dear @mnwuzor

Your application should be arranged based on evidences for criteria and not for products. In order to assist you further; we will need to view your list of evidences. Which criteria you chosen! and have you read the tech nation guide already!

1 Like

Thank you Maya.

The criteria I chose for which I have the additional references include

1) How do I demonstrate that I have a proven track record or examples of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept?

For this I listed out my SaaS products and private software’s like

The other criteria that I provided reference for is criteria 3. Below I have listed the products that was referenced. The application listed below belongs to one agency. The ones that I didn’t provide reference for are not listed below.

3) How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company?

• Development of Investment Entry Application Portal : Investors submit their application for investment proposal via the portal. URL https://ipb.cr.gov.ng/profilingform/.

• Development of 7 different Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) Portals : According to World Bank, Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) is a locally based, formalized way to accept, assess, and resolve community feedback or complaints. GRM provides beneficiaries and the general public with a voice in a program or service administration and its performance management. Here is an example with URL https://ipb.cr.gov.ng/grievance-redress-mechanism-grm-for-signage/.

• Development of Public Private Partnerships Portal (PPP Portal) : I developed another portal called PPP Portal for showcasing all PPP projects in the state. These A click on each project row will load the project details. The URL to view the PPP Portal page is PPP Portal – Cross River Investment Promotion Bureau (CRIPB)

The 3 portals mentioned above are independent applications embedded on IPB site using iFrame. Their URL’s are https://profilingform.ipb.cr.gov.ng/, Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) and https://pppportal.ipb.cr.gov.ng/ respectively.

Thank you Maya. I have listed them as seen above

You already saw the change log, ensure they are all digital technology expert

2 Likes

Hi @mnwuzor

Correct me if I am wrong:!? Are you listing your projects? Is that how your planning to submit? You need to meet the mandatory criteria + 2 Optional? Please go through the tech nation guide.

How are you meeting the Mandatory Criteria? How many evidences are you submitting and what?
I can see you are providing evidence for OC3 but you are listing only your work and not the impact? how did these portals contributed in the operations of the company? are they having any financial? or business impact?

OK great… Noted.

Thank you so much

Hi Maya,

Thank you so much for your comments.

Are you listing your projects? No. I only listed them here to answer your question. If I post the impact it will be extensive.

Is that how your planning to submit?. No. There are screenshots and literatures to explain the impact.

You need to meet the mandatory criteria + 2 Optional?. I already have my 4 MC evidences completed with references from digital tech experts.

How are you meeting the Mandatory Criteria? How many evidences are you submitting and what? For MC I am submitting 4 evidences and they are ready with 2 references from 2 digital tech experts.

I can see you are providing evidence for OC3 but you are listing only your work and not the impact? how did these portals contributed in the operations of the company? are they having any financial? or business impact? I didn’t bother including the impact in what I posted above. I felt the contents will be too much. The impacts are already in my documents.

1 Like

Just a kind note.

For all the criteria’s (MC & OC) that require references, I already have references from digital tech guys. These additional references (for OC3) are just to support that they, the users of the product, are satisfied with the outcome and impact of the product. Nothing more.

1 Like