Recommendation Letters_Academic

Hi,
I am preparing evidence to support my application (potential leader pathway). I am working for Rentech company in London, founded in 2020 but rapidly growing. I am not sure if the company be considered as well-established in the digital technology field. Is there any clear definition of a well-established company?
Does a university consider a well-established organisation?
Can I ask for a reference from someone at University?
Should I have a mutual project with an organisation to request a recommendation?

not sure if the company [can] be considered as well-established

They must not be Google. You just have to provide understandable details, traction, innovation etc Some of the projects I used as part of my evidence were free for users or generated little revenue.

Can I ask for a reference from someone at University?

I saw someone who got endorsed get recommendation from their University lecturer.

Should I have a mutual project with an organisation to request a recommendation?

In my own experience, if they are kind of notable or recognised as leaders in the tech field and can vouch for you based on their review of your work and accomplishments, then it should be fine. Worked for me.

**Please do not take these as facts. They are opinions based on my personal experience.

3 Likes

What if the project I worked on was part of my MSc. thesis and my university supervisor is willing to write a letter of recommendation? Would this be considered as sufficient evidence for this criteria:

How do I demonstrate that I have exceptional ability in the field by making academic contributions through research?

as per this example evidence:

• A letter of support from a research supervisor or other expert in your area of expertise affirming their potential world-class standard. This is in addition to the required letters of recommendation and must be written by another individual;
1 Like