Recency requirement of letters of recommendation.

Does anyone know if there’s some condition on how recent the letters must be? eg if they’re written 1-2 years back, can they still be used? I know there’s a condition that the writer must’ve known the work for atleast 12 months but nothing whatsoever about how recent the letters must be AFAIK.

1-2 years old is very outdated! Were these also written for TN towards LOR for GTV application?

The guide states:

Each letter must:

• Be about your Global Talent application - you cannot use a letter that was written for another reason

Do these qualify?

Yes, these are from my failed application last year.

Yes, see reply above

I would try to get new ones that also talk about your achievements during the last year

2 Likes

Agree with @hsafra You should get atleast 2 out of 3 that cover your latest work achievements also. You can perhaps ask the same recommenders if they can sign again on a modified version where you can include your latest work?

Are these conditions listed in any official documents (link?), or based on your experience?

1 Like

@Satyaki_Upadhyay
There is no mention of the dated-ness of the LORs in TN guidance. They do state it should be for this application specifically. However, if none of your 3 LORs cover your work contribution and impact of last year, you are risking a chance of flagging.

1 Like