Questions related to applying as a exceptional promise

I am a game designer and researcher from India, currently working in the UK. I am applying for the exceptional promise / potential leader category. I am seeking help regarding a few questions -

1. Are the letters of recommendation required to be submitted along with the CVs of the people who are recommending or the letter itself should declare / contain this info? I am finding the Tech Nation advice a bit confusing - the letter of recommendation should come with the author’s CV (or other proof of their credentials that the endorsing body will accept)

2. How to submit research papers as evidence? (The guidance says Each piece of evidence can be up to 3 sides of A4 paper and that it should not just be a link, my papers are of more than 3 pages in length!)

3. Does the Tech Nation endorsement application form provides a way to tell which evidence is for what purpose? Or would you recommend adding a cover letter explaining the evidences?

The letters of recommendation should come with the author’s CV or career details. I downloaded a PDF of their linkedin profiles and added that to the LoR by combining the PDFs

Provide a link to the paper with an abstract in the evidence file itself. Citations of your paper if you have them, TN will most likely not read the paper itself.

The application form asks you to list which evidence file belongs to which criteria

You should take the relevant parts of the paper especially the part showing your name and a title related to digital technology. Take screenshot of the paper and add an accessible link…if you put only the link then the accessories is not obliged to view it.

1. Yes, can attach the CV at the end of the letter, it doesn’t count for the number of pages

2. It would be advisable to stick to what the guidance says.1 or two pages of the paper could be merged, and show impact like citations

3. You must use the Tech Nation application form to state which of your supporting documents relate to your chosen Eligibility Criteria. If you choose to provide this information in the form of a cover letter you will need to upload it as one of your ten supporting documents.

Thank you so much hsafra, Francisca and May!

1 Like