Postdoc Research Fellow Seeking GTV Advice

I have recently accepted the position of “Postdoctoral Researcher in AI” at a University in the UK and I will be working on a project funded by Innovate UK. It is a fixed term 9 months contract starting from end of this month till April 2025.

Now my question is, does this position makes me eligible to apply for Global Talent Visa? As per the Global Talent Visa Information page on the UK Government, I am eligible to apply for it because I am in an academic research position.

Can someone please clarify? If I am eligible, what is the process like and I do I proceed with it. Thank you.

My profile is,

• MSc Artificial Intelligence
  • Haven’t done any publications yet but 3 publications are in pipeline to be published in next couple of months.
  • Have IT experience of 5 years.
1 Like

Hi @manzarimalik

Please go through detailed Tech Nation guidelines here to understand eligibility and if you will have enough evidence to pack a full application of 3 LORs, Mandatory criteria and 2 optional criteria.

Hi Welcome first

This forum is about tech nation which you need to read the guideline first.

But for me, maybe you should do more research on academic research path, which is another path not endorsed by Tech Nation.

This forum is for tech but you can try to see if you can get endorsed by UK innovate or so