Possibility of Deferring Global Talent Visa After Endorsement?

Hi everyone,

I’m interested in finding out if it’s possible to defer the start date of a Global Talent Visa after obtaining the endorsement. Does anyone know if this is feasible?

Thank you!

Once you receive an endorsement, you have three months from the date your decision is sent to apply for the Global Talent visa. When you apply for the visa, you may set a date well into the future of when you want your visa to commence. You just have to get your application in under three months.

Hi @ellagna I was really inspired by your post about securing the Global Talent visa endorsement, especially since we share a tech marketing background. Your journey has been incredibly motivating.

Regarding the detail you mentioned about setting a future date for the visa to commence, is there a maximum limit to how far into the future this date can be set?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words!! As for the limit, I’m not quite sure. I have heard of people putting dates as far as 8 months in the future, but I can’t say I know of a set limit. My recommendation would be to start the application online - the date you want your visa to start is one of the first questions, and you can toggle around with it to see when the latest date available.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response! I’ll definitely look into the online application process as you suggested. Thanks again!